Canouan is an island located in the Grenadines Islands which belongs to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. The island has a population of around 1,700 people.
- Canouan Island is a small island, measuring just 5,6 km (3,5 ml) by 2 km (1,25 ml). A barrier reef runs along the island's Atlantic side. Mount Royal is the highest point on the island. Two bays, Friendship and Glossy, separate the southern side of Canouan.
- Canouan Island lies approx 40 km (25 ml) south of Saint Vincent which, between 1871-1969, was part of the British colony of Windward Islands. Locals who needed supplies beyond basic staples board cargo ships to make the 2-to-3-hour passage to the main Saint Vincent island. A ferry service for the Grenadines started operations in June 2010 thus reducing the journey to 1 hour.
- In the early 1990s Canouan Resorts Development Ltd company was formed. It secured lease for areas of Canouan to build two hotels - Tamarind Beach Hotel site and former Raffles Resort site (Carenage Bay Resort). The building arm of CRD built roads throughout the island, installed electricity and for the first time provided desalinated water. Before that, fresh water was purchased by boat from Saint Vincent on a regular basis.
- Currently, locals who are not employed by this resort, are forbidden admittance to the property as it is private property. The beaches, however, remain public property and local people are allowed to use the beaches and access either by boat or through the resort.
- Canouan Airport runway has been lengthened to nearly 6,000 ft to accommodate bigger aircraft. Canouan Island is today the jet port for Grenadines and moorings yacht charter company feature their Grenadines base in Grand Bay.
Highlights: Uncrowded beaches, snorkelling
Canouan Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Canouan Island Grenadines dock (anchor) at a jetty near Charlestown - port town on the eastern coast.
The following map of Canouan Island shows the location of all resorts, hotels and golf clubs, as well as the airport in the southern part of the island.
The Canouan Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Canouan Island, Grenadines.
If you lose the Canouan Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Canouan Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Canouan Island, Grenadines. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 November, 2017