Castellon de la Plana (aka Castellon / Castello) is port city and capital of Spain's Castellon province. It is located in the east part of the Iberian Peninsula, on Costa del Azahar (Mediterranean Sea). The city covers a total area of approx 109 km2 (42 ml2) and has population around 170.000.
The annual festivities (called "La Magdalena") are held in Castellon de la Plana for a week, starting 3 weeks before Easter every year. People come from all over the province. Many international music groups and bands also participate in this popular event.
The city is famous for its music festivals, including: Tanned Tin music festival (early February, for experimental and alternative music), Festival Internacional de Benicassim (July), Arenal Sound (early August), Rototom Sunsplash Festival (reggae music).
Most of the historical buildings in Castellon de la Plana are located in the old town, around Placa Major (Main Square) and include:
- Saint Mary cathedral - Gothic-style, it was built in the 13th century and reconstructed in the 14th century following destruction by fire. The present building is another reconstruction after demolition ordered in 1936 during the Spanish civil war.
- City Hall was erected in early 18th century and has a beautiful Tuscan-style facade.
- El Fadri is a bell-tower of the town's procathedral (built in the 15th century).
- Hemp Exchange Market was built in the 17th century for the use of traders in hempen cloth and ropes. Currently, the building is used for exhibitions and local cultural events.
- European Hackberry (aka Celtis Australis) is on the northeast edge of the city. The basilica is devoted to a Virgin Mary image found by a farmer in 1366 while he was ploughing.
- The town also has a Museum for Modern Art.
The Castellon de la Plana cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Castellon de la Plana, Spain.
If you lose the Castellon de la Plana location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Castellon de la Plana cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Castellon de la Plana, Spain. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 August, 2018