Christchurch is a seaport and the largest city on New Zealand's South Island. The city has population around 375,000, ranking it the country's 3rd most-populous urban area - after Auckland and Wellington.
- Christchurch NZ is the seat of Canterbury Region. The urban area is on the eastern coast of South Island NZ, and north of Banks Peninsula.
- The city was named on March 27, 1848. On July 31, 1856, it received the city status (declared by Royal Charter), officially making it the oldest established city in NZ.
- Avon River flows through Christchurch 's centre. An urban park is situated along the river banks. the city is distinctively English, with various European elements and featuring Gothic Revival architecture. As New Zealand's early settlers, Maori culture is also widespread. The town has a lot of public spaces, cafes, bars and restaurants in the centre and also in the surrounding suburbs.
- The large number of parks and residential gardens has given Christchurch the name "The Garden City". Hagley Park and Christchurch Botanic Gardens are in the central part. Hagley Park serves as a site for sporting events, including golf, netball, rugby, cricket, as well as for open-air live concerts performed by local orchestras and bands.
- To the north of the city is the Willowbank wildlife park.
- An ecological restoration program to create a wetland (Travis Wetland) is to the east of the city centre (in the Burwood suburb).
Christchurch cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Christchurch NZ dock in Lyttelton Harbour (at the port's Inner harbor), located at short walking distance from the town's center. Lyttelton Port Authority provides complimentary shuttle bus service between the cruise ship terminal and the tourist info center in downtown Lyttelton.
Most cruise companies offer complimentary shuttle buses to Christchurch town's center. From Lyttelton, cruise passengers can also take public Bus Route 28 (Papanui-Lyttelton-Rapaki) to Christchurch. Bus travel time is approx 30 min.
The Christchurch cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Christchurch, New Zealand.
If you lose the Christchurch location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Christchurch cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Christchurch, New Zealand. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 February, 2018
10 February, 2018