Esbjerg is a port city in southwestern Denmark, located on Jutland peninsula's western coast. The municipality covers a total area of approx 743 km2 (287 ml2). The town has population around 72,000, ranking it Denmark's 5th largest..
By road, Esbjerg is approx 70 km (44 ml) west of Kolding and approx 165 km (102 ml) southwest of Aarhus.
- Before the decision to establish a harbour (currently the 2nd largest in Denmark) in 1868, Esbjerg's area consisted of several farms. The town developed quickly - from population around 13,000 (in 1901) to around 70,000 (in 1970). Along with shipping and fishing industries, Esbjerg has well-developed agricultural export trade.
- Many of the visitors of the city used to arrive by ferries from Harwich England. However, the regularly scheduled (since 1875) ferry service was terminated in 2014. Freight shipping is still available from Esbjerg to Immingham England.
- Esbjerg harbour facilities were expanded to serve container shipping traffic and the new wind-turbine industry. The city is served by Esbjerg Airport which offers flights to Aberdeen Scotland and Stavanger Norway.
- The town has a number of notable museums, including Esbjerg Museum, Esbjerg Art Museum and the Fisheries & Maritime Museum.
- Esbjerg hosts branches of Aalborg University and University of Southern Denmark. The city is also increasingly recognized for its sporting activities. It homes the Danish football club Esbjerg forenede Boldklubber, playing their matches at Blue Water Arena (11,000 seats). The city also has an ice hockey division (Esbjerg Elite Ishockey) playing at Granly Hockey Arena (800 seats).
Port Esbjerg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Esbjerg, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|24 September, 2018|
The Esbjerg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Esbjerg, Denmark.
If you lose the Esbjerg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.