Gili Kondo Island is one of the 33 small isles (gili) located to the east of Lombok Island. There are only 3 of those many islands which serve as a popular tourist destination. These are called “Three Islands” or "Tiga Pulau" - Gili Bidara, Gili Petagan, and Gili Kondo, located in the Sambelia subdistrict. The name convention was used in order be easily remembered by people.
- The small Gili Kondo Island is located in the waters of Sambelia District, approx 50 km (30 ml) north of Selong City. The island can be reached by the beach in Sambelia Transat (about 25-min walking distance) and also via Heaven Labuhan Lombok port (about 45-min).
- The climate of the “Three Islands” is drier and hotter than on mainland Lombok, but in the evening it can be refreshing and cool. Rainy season is between November and April.
- The trio of Gili Islands can be a beautiful, comfortable and challenging vacation destination to enjoy the panoramic views with a wealth of birds, white sand beaches and superb coral reefs.
- Though Gili Kondo Island is small, there are interesting activities travellers can do here. Many spend their day in sunbathing and watching the beauty of the open water and the amazing beach. Those who love exercise can play beach volleyball or island hoping.
- Most foreigners who visit the 3 islands make it as a transit point prior to continuing their journey to Bali, East Island or East Nusa Tenggara.
- The isle boasts a beautiful underwater scenery which is not worse than what the other Gili Islands offer. Those who choose to do snorkeling in the area will find various types of colorful fish and spectacular coral reefs.
- The tiny Gili Kondo Island can be reached by a wooden motor boat from Sea Port of Kayangan (on Lombok Island's east coast) - travel takes about 1 hour. The mileage from the capital of West Nusa Tenggara province, Mataram, to Port Kayangan is more than 100 km (60 ml), or nearly 2 hours travel by car.
Gili Kondo is expected to become an excellent tourist destination with other tourist attractions to be developed.
Gili Kondo Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Gili Kondo Island dock (anchor) at Kayangan situated at Lombok Island's east coast.
Gili Kondo Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The following map of Lombok Island shows all ports, bays, tourist destinations and attractions. The map also shows all the Gili Islands located around Lombok.
Tourism is among the island's most important sources of income. Lombok's west coast is the most developed tourism area with modern facilities. This region is centered around Senggigi. The west coast tourist area features over 30 km (19 ml) of coastline paralleled by a coastal road running between Mataram and Ampenan.
This well-developed tourism region extends to Tanjung (northwest) located near Mt Rinjani. It includes also the peninsulas Sire and Medana and the Gili Islands (located very close offshore). The three Gili Islands are usually accessed by tour boats leaving from Bangsal. also from Teluk Nare or Senggigi.
- This part of Lombok Island has numerous hotels and seaside resorts ranging from budget to top-luxury. Fast boat services run regularly from Bali Island to Lombok, with direct connections to Gili Islands.
- Among Lombok's other main tourist travel destinations are Mt Rinjani, Gili Bidara, Gili Lawang, the parks Narmada and Mayura, Kuta (popular with its white sand beaches) and Sekotong (popular scuba diving location).
- Southern parts of Lombok Island are considered among the world's best surfing locations. The surfing season runs between late March and late September. Among the most popular sites is the Desert Point (at the island's southwestern tip).
- At the northwestern coast (near Tanjung and the Gili islands) are located many of the island's luxury resorts and villas. A new boat / yacht marina was built at Medana Bay.
- The island's both premium golf courses are also here - Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club (near Pamenang) and GEC Rinjani Country Club (west of Mataram City).
The Gili Kondo Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Gili Kondo Island, Lombok, Indonesia.
If you lose the Gili Kondo Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Gili Kondo Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Gili Kondo Island, Lombok, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
21 May, 2017