Glengarriff is a port town in County Cork, Ireland. It is located on N71 national secondary road in Beara Peninsula. Town's population is around 1000.
- Its importance as a major waypoint along Castletownbere-Cork fish-delivery route has declined in recent years as local infrastructure develops and vehicular traffic is now able to navigate its thoroughfare at significant speed.
- The town's economy primarily revolves around local services, farming and tourism. Known internationally as a popular tourism venue with a wealth of natural attractions.
- Glengarriff is on Ring of Beara and is surrounded by high mountains pocked with old marshes being farmed for peat. The most notable among local tourist attractions are the Italian Gardens situated on Garnish Island (Ilnacullin). They may be seen by boat trip. The round Martello tower on the isle offers a nice view of the surrounding area. It was built to guard against threatened Napoleonic invasion which never materialized.
- The nearby forest shelters the glen which gave the town's name (translated as "rough glen"). It contains some of the oldest and most extensive birch and oak groves left in Ireland. Also of interest is the Bamboo Park located behind Toad Hall, local amenity area featuring a kids' playground and Blue Pool lagoon, as well as nearby Barley Lake and historic Eccles Hotel.
- Sea kayaking in Glengarriff Bay is among the most popular tourist activities. Walking trails in the region are extensive. Live music performances are traditional entertainment in the evenings at many of the local pubs, particularly during tourist season. This small town also has restaurants, shops, art galleries.
Glengarriff cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Glengarriff anchor at Glengarriff Harbour and their passengers are transported via the ship's tender boats. Glengarriff Harbour is a sheltered anchorage and also has a small marina offering moorings for yachts.
Port Glengarriff cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Glengarriff, Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|27 May, 2018|
|ms Prinsendam||08:00||17:00||Waterford, Ireland|
|30 May, 2018|
|Marco Polo||06:00||18:00||Tresco Island, Scilly Isles, Wales|
The Glengarriff cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Glengarriff, Ireland.
If you lose the Glengarriff location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.