Holy Loch (is a sea lake on Cowal peninsula (Firth of Clyde), located in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. The loch's width is approx 1 ml (1,7 km) and its length varies 2-3 ml (3-5 km) with the tide.
- Robertson's Yard (in Sandbank, Argyll) used to be a major company building wooden boats in the early 20th century. The shipyard built many boats in preparation for the WW1 (1914-1918) and even during the Great Depression (1929-late 1930s) as the yacht racing became a popular hobby amobg many wealthy businessmen. During WW2 (1939-1945), the shipyard produced large-capacity high-speed motor boats (Fairmiles) for the British Admiralty.
- During WW2, the British navy used the sea lake as a submarine base. In the period 1961-1992, two US submarines (Polaris and Poseidon) were based here. The Holy Loch submarine base was closed in 1992.
- Dunoon town (on Cowal peninsula) is to the south of the lake.
- All villages along the loch used to have piers and were served by Clyde steam ships. Today, the region is served with regularly scheduled ferry ships. Western Ferries run between Hunters Quay and McInroy's Point. Argyll Ferries run between Dunoon and Gourock.
- At the loch's end runs a road that passes by the Benmore Botanic Garden to Loch Eck.
- Among the bigger cruise ships to Holy Loch is MV Hebridean Princess, The ship operates mainly on round-trips leaving from Greenock-Glasgow.
Highlights: Kilmun Arboretum, Benmore Botanic Garden, Hill House
The Holy Loch cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Holy Loch, Scotland.
If you lose the Holy Loch location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Holy Loch cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Holy Loch, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 March, 2017
8 March, 2017