Isla Rasa is an island in the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez), located east of mainland Mexico (Baja California Peninsula). The island covers a total area of approx 0,6 km2 (0,2 ml2) and is uninhabited.
- Isla Rasa is so small that it's difficult to find it on a map. It lies between Isla Angel de la Guarda and Isla San Lorenzo. It is also west of Isla Tiburon, approx 60 km (37 ml) southeast from Bahia de los Angeles (Baja California Sur).
- The island has 3 species of reptiles: Sauromalus hispidus (spiny chuckwalla), Uta stansburiana (common side-blotched lizard) and Phyllodactylus nocticolus (peninsular leaf-toed gecko).
- The island is flat and very small, but as many as 500.000 seabirds nest here at once. Almost all the world's Elegant Terns (comming from Chile and Peru) and Heermann's Gulls (comming from British Columbia Canada) come here to breed.
- The climate is very dry, with scant rain throughout the year (mainly between August-December). The most abundant plants are 2 species of cholla (Opuntia cholla and O-bigelovii) that, along with saltbushes cover most of the land.
- The landscape features low hills (volcanic rock_ and vast valleys with guano (excrement excrements) deposits. Shores are rocky, with cliffs in the eastern side and 3 tidal lagoons on the western, one of which directly linked to the Pacific Ocean.
Highlights: Nesting Gulls and Terns
Isla Rasa cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Isla Rasa dock (anchor) at Bahia de Los Angeles (Baja California, Mexico).
The Isla Rasa cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Isla Rasa, Baja California Mexico.
If you lose the Isla Rasa location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Isla Rasa cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Isla Rasa, Baja California Mexico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 April, 2018
5 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
12 April, 2018
17 April, 2018