Isla Rasa is an island located in the Gulf of California, Sea of Cortez, east of Baja California Peninsula. The island covers a total area of approx 150 acres (0,6 km2 /0,2 ml2) and is uninhabited.
- Isla Rasa is so small that it's difficult to find on a map. The isle lies between Isla Angel de la Guarda and Isla San Lorenzo, located west of Isla Tiburon, in the midriff island region of Gulf of Calfornia, approx 60 km (37 ml) southeast from Bahia de los Angeles, Baja California.
- Isla Rasa is part of the Mexicali Municipality. It has three species of reptiles: Sauromalus hispidus (spiny chuckwalla), Uta stansburiana (common side-blotched lizard) and Phyllodactylus nocticolus (peninsular leaf-toed gecko).
- Isla Rasa is flat and very small, but as many as 500.000 birds nest on the isle at once. Almost all Elegant Terns (from Chile and Peru) and Heermann's Gulls (from British Columbia) in the world go there to breed.
- The climate on the island is very dry, with scant rain distributed throughout the year, mainly between August-December. Botanically, Isla Rasa lies within Sarcocaulescent Deserts of Gulf of California (Wiggins 1980). The most abundant plants include two species of cholla (Opuntia cholla and O.bigelovii) that, along with saltbush (Atriplex barclayana) cover vast areas of the island.
- Isla Rasa consists of low hills of volcanic rock and vast valleys with guano deposits. Its shores are rocky with cliffs in the eastern side and 3 tidal lagoons on the western, one of which directly linked to the ocean.
Highlights: Nesting Gulls and Terns
Isla Rasa cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Isla Rasa dock (anchor) at Bahia de Los Angeles (Baja California, Mexico).
The Isla Rasa cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Isla Rasa, Baja California Mexico.
If you lose the Isla Rasa location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Isla Rasa cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Isla Rasa, Baja California Mexico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
- April, 2017
|Day||Ships in port|
4 April, 2017
11 April, 2017
13 April, 2017
18 April, 2017
25 April, 2017