Isle of Islay is the southernmost and among the 3 largest and most populaous of Scotland's Inner Hebrides Islands - together with Skye and Mull. Islay island has a total area of approx 619 km2 (239 ml2) and population around 3,000.
- Islay Island is located southwest of Jura and approx 40 km (25 ml) north of Ireland. The island's main city is Bowmore where a distillery and the round Kilarrow Parish Church are located. However, its main ferry port is Port Ellen.
- Islay is Scotland's 5th-largest island, and the 7th-largest near mainland Great Britain.
- Currently, the island's main commercial activities are agriculture, tourism and malt whisky distillation. Islay Island has a long history of religious observance. Landscapes have been celebrated via various forms of art and there is also a growing interest in renewable energy.
- here can be seen various seabird species making it a popular destination for birdwatchers throughout the year.
- Annually, around 45,000 summer tourists visit Isle of Islay by ferries and around 11,000 - by air. The island's main attractions are its rich history, the amazing scenery, bird watching and the famous whiskies. Local distilleries also operate their own shops, visitor centres and tours. Finlaggan Trust has a visitor centre open daily during summer months.
- Finlaggan is a historic site on in Loch Finlaggan (at Eilean Mor). The famous Finlaggan Castle is approx 2 km (1 ml) to the northwest of Ballygrant.
Highlights: Port Ellen, Distilleries, Dunyvaig Castle, Kidalton Cross
Isle of Islay cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Islay Island dock (anchor) at Port Ellen - port town on the southern coast.
Port Isle of Islay cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Isle of Islay, Port Ellen, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|14 April, 2018|
|Hebridean Princess||Isle of Colonsay, Scotland|
|19 April, 2018|
|Hebridean Princess||Inverie, Scotland|
The Isle of Islay cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Isle of Islay, Port Ellen, Scotland.
If you lose the Isle of Islay location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.