Ithaca Island is one of the Greek Isles in Ionian Sea (eastern Mediterranean). The island is located off Cephalonia Island's northeast coast and to the west of mainland Greece. The island covers a total area of approx 118 km2 (46 ml2) and has population around 3,000.
- Ithaca's main island has a land area of 96 km2 (37 ml2), ranking it the 2nd-smallest of the 7 Ionian Islands. Its capital is Vathy (Vathi).
- The island is generally associated with Homer's Ithaca, home of the legendary Greek king Odysseus (Ulysses). Ithaca has been inhabited since the second millennium BC and was the capital-state of the kingdom ruled by Odysseus. Coins from the island frequently portray Odysseus. An inscription from the third century BC refers to Odysseus' local hero-shrine and games named Odysseia.
- The "School of Homer" on Ithaca is the only archaeological site where Linear B inscriptions have been found (near royal remains). In 2010, archaeologists discovered the remains of 8th century BC palace in Agios Athanasios, which might have been the Odysseus's palace.
- The island's highest elevation point (Nirito) is 806 m (2644 ft).
- The harbor is guarded by the Lazaretto Island. The remains of old gaol and the church of The Saviour are located on this small isle.
Highlights: Vathy Town, Ithiki, Nymph’s Cave, legendary island of Odysseus
Ithaca Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Ithaca Island dock (anchor) at Vathy - port town on the northern coast.
The Ithaca Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ithaca Island, Greece.
If you lose the Ithaca Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Ithaca Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ithaca Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
29 May, 2017