Kalundborg is a Danish port city and the main town of a municipality of the same name, as well as the site of its municipal council. The city has a population of around 16,340 people (2015 census).
- Kalundborg is located on the northwestern coast of Zealand (the largest Danish island), on the opposite, eastern side of which, 110 km (68 mi) away, lies Copenhagen.
- Kalundborg city is famous as the location of a broadcasting facility, Kalundborg transmitter. The city also homes the largest in Denmark coal-fired power station.
- The city of Kalundborg is a mainly industrial and trading centre, but is also popular for the beautiful 5-spired Church of Our Lady, closely associated with the famous Archbishop Absalon and King Valdemar I. The church itself has been built by Esbern Snare, Absalon's brother.
- Kalundborg is the traditional seat of aristocratic Lerche family and Lerchenborg, their stately home, is the best example of Denmark's rococo architecture. It can be seen in the outskirts of the city.
- Kalundborg city is the birthplace of Sigrid Undset (1882-1949), Norwegian Nobel laureate author, who lived here during the first 2 years of her life, before in 1884 her parents emigrated to Norway.
- Ferries link Kalundborg westward with the island of Samso. The port plays central role in the economy of the city. It is a self-governing port, that has with independent finances. As of 2015, it's been expanded with new west harbor located on the south side of Asnaes peninsula.
- Kalundborg Container Terminal is served on a weekly basis by Unifeeder. Schultz Shipping is a well known local shipping company.
- Statoil Refining Denmark operates the largest oil refinery of Denmark on the harbor with a capacity of 6,6M ton oil products annually. Haldor Topsoe is one of the companies with facilities located at Kalundborg Tank Terminal.
The Kalundborg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark.
If you lose the Kalundborg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kalundborg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 June, 2017