Kalundborg is a port city located on Zealand Island (Denmark) in Baltic Sea. The city has population around 16,000. The cruise port is located approx 110 km (68 ml) from Copenhagen. The port is visited by cruise ships on itineraries along Norway's coast.
- The city is on the northwestern coast of Zealand (Denmark's largest island) and is famous for the broadcasting facility Kalundborg transmitter, as well as with the country's largest coal-fired power station.
- The city is mainly an industrial and trading centre. A major tourist attraction is the 5-spired Church of Our Lady. Kalundborg is the traditional seat of the Lerche family, and here is their stately home (located in the outskirts).
- As ferry port, Kalundborg is linked to Samso Island. The port plays central role in the city's economy. It is a self-governing seaport managed with independent finances.
- Kalundborg Container Terminal is served on a weekly basis by the agency / shipping line Unifeeder. Schultz Shipping is another major local shipping company.
- Statoil Refining Denmark operates the country's largest oil refinery located on the harbor. It has capacity of 6,6 million tons of oil products prodced annually.
- Haldor Topsoe is one of the companies with facilities located at Kalundborg Tank Terminal.
- In 2018, the port had scheduled a total of 6 ship calls (over 9,000 passengers) by the Thomson Cruises ship TUI Discovery. The vessel's maiden visit (June 1) was during a 14-day roundtrip from Newcastle UK to ports in Scandinavia and Russia.
Kalundborg cruise terminal
In 2017 was opened a new quay with length 500 m (1640 ft) and water depth 15 m (50 ft). Following the development, the port now can handle even the world's largest cruise liners.
The Kalundborg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark.
If you lose the Kalundborg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kalundborg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 June, 2018