Karpathos is the second largest Greek Dodecanese island, located in southeastern Aegean Sea. The island covers a total area of approx 324,8 km2 (125,4 ml2) and has a population of around 6,230 people (2011 census).
- Together with neighboring smaller Saria Island, Karpathos Island forms the municipality of Karpathos. The isle has also been named Carpathus in Latin, Kerpe in Turkish and Scarpanto in Italian. Saria Island was once united with the island of Karpathos, but an earthquake separated them. Saria preserves lots of important antiquities.
- The highest point on Karpathos Island is Mt. Lastos, at 1,215 m (3,986 ft). It comprises 10 villages. Pigadia (officially named Karpathos), the island's capital and main port, is situated in the southeast of the island.
- Due to its remote location, the island of Karpathos has preserved a lot of peculiarities of customs, dress and dialect, the last resembling those of Cyprus and Crete.
- Karpathos island's beaches can be divided into 4 large groups: beaches situated on the east coast - small and gravelly, without wind; beaches of the southern part, near the airport - made of fine white sand; sandy beaches on the west coast are - the most exposed to Meltemi and available only in low wind conditions; beaches of the northern part of the island, accessible by sea and partly by jeep.
- Karpathos Island is connected to neighboring Greek isles and to mainland Greece via airplanes and ferries, most of them linking it to Piraeus-Athens and Rhodes.
- During the summer, small private boats sail from Pigadia to a variety of locations daily, including some inaccessible beaches and Olympos (via Diafani).
Highlights: Remote rugged island
Karpathos Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Karpathos Island Greece dock (anchor) at Karpathos - port town on the southeastern coast.
The Karpathos Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Karpathos Island, Greece.
If you lose the Karpathos Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Karpathos Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Karpathos Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 August, 2017