Kepulauan Seribu (Thousand Islands) are a chain of islands located to the north of the coast of Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. The islands cover a total area of approx 8,7 km2 (3,4 ml2) and have a population of around 21,000 people.
- Kepulauan Seribu forms the only Jakarta's regency and consists of a string including 110 islands and stretching 45 km (28 ml) north into Java Sea at West Jakarta Bay and north of Banten Province.
- A decree states that a total of 36 isles may be used for recreation, and only 13 of these are fully developed: 11 isles are homes to resorts and 2 isles are historic parks. 23 are not open to the public as they are privately owned. The rest of the islands either support a fishing village or are uninhabited.
- In 1972 the governor of Jakarta Ali Sadikin declared the island of Onrust a protected historical site. The administration made Onrust Island and its 3 neighbors - the islands of Bidadari, Cipir and Kelor - an archaeological park in 2002, in order to protect the island's artifacts and ruins that date back to the time of Dutch East India Company.
- An area of 107,489 ha of land and sea was declared in 1982 by the Minister of Agriculture and in 2002 designated by Forestry Ministerial Decree as Thousand Islands Marine National Park (Taman Nasional Laut Kepulauan Seribu). Public access is prohibited on 2 of the islands, Panjaliran Timur and Panjaliran Barat, where sea turtles are conserved.
- Thousand Islands Marine National Park is situated 45 km (28 ml) north of Jakarta. It lies mostly on Kecamatan of Kepulauan Seribu Utara (North Thousand Islands subdistrict), which is the northern part of Kepulauan Seribu. The complex features 342 reef platforms, of which 110 form an island bigger than half an acre. As many as 700 individual reefs are found in the complex.
Port Kepulauan Seribu cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kepulauan Seribu, Thousand Islands, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|9 May, 2018|
|Star Clipper||Jakarta, Java, Indonesia|
The Kepulauan Seribu cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kepulauan Seribu, Thousand Islands, Indonesia.
If you lose the Kepulauan Seribu location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.