Kiska Island is one of the Aleutian Islands (Rat Islands group) in Alaska. The island has length of It is 22ml (35 km), width of 1,5-6 ml (2,4-9,7 km), total area of 107 ml2 (278 km2) and is part of the Aleutian Islands Wilderness park, meaning special permissions to visit are required.
- Kiska Island was discovered in 1741 by the Russian explorer Vitus Bering. Prior to this contact, the island had been densely populated for thousands of years by native peoples.
- Starting in 1775, the island (along with mainland Alaska) became one of the Russia's fur trading outposts.
- In 1867, the USA negotiated the purchase of Alaska from the Russian Empire, with Kiska included in the purchase.
- During WWii, in 1942 (June 6th) the Japanese military forces landed at Kiska. On June 7th, the Japanese captured Attu Island. During winter 1942–1943, they reinforced and fortified both islands. The US Navy started operations to deny Kiska Island supply. In October 1942, US forces undertook 5 bombings over Kiska. Following the 1942-42 winter, Attu was liberated and Kiska bombed once more before a larger US force (including 95 warships and 168 aircraft) defeated the Japanese garrison on the island in August 1943. However, after the loss of Attu Island (in May) and the impending arrival of the Allied forces, in July the Japanese, removed all their troops without the Allies noticing.
- Kiska Volcano is active and located on the island's northern end. In January 1962 there was an explosive eruption with lava extrusion. A second eruption with lava flow was in March 1964.
The Kiska Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kiska Island, Alaska.
If you lose the Kiska Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kiska Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kiska Island, Alaska. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
- August, 2017
|Day||Ships in port|
19 August, 2017