La Crosse is a port city located in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The city covers a total area of approx 58,38 km2 (22,54 ml2) and has a population of around 52,440 people (2014 census).
- La Crosse is the county seat of La Crosse County. It lies alongside Mississippi River and is the largest city on the western borderof Wisconsin.
- The city of La Crosse forms the core of and is principal city in La Crosse-Onalaska, WI-MN Metropolitan Statistical Area, including all of La Crosse County as well as Houston County, Minnesota, with combined population of 135,300 inhabitants. La Crosse is home to Western Technical College, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and Viterbo University. A regional medical and technology hub, it has received high rankings from some magazines in well-being, quality of life, health and education.
- Along the Mississippi, cargo is transported to and from this region to St Louis and St Paul, using towboats, moving dry bulk cargo barges for grain, coal and other low-value bulk goods.
- Mississippi River Bridge, also famous as Cass St bridge and newer Cameron Street bridge both link downtown La Crosse with La Crescent. The two bridges cross Mississippi, as does Interstate 90 bridge situated northwest of La Crosse, which connects Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- La Crosse features more than 30 active arts organizations. Pump House Regional Arts Center is the host to visual arts exhibits throughout the year and its own series of folk, blues and jazz performers.
- The city of La Crosse has many nightclubs and bars in the downtown central business district, plus many neighborhood grills and bars.
- Riverside Park is located on the riverfront of downtown city area close to Blue Bridges and across the Mississippi from Pettibone Park. Riverside Park hosts events like Riverfest, Oktoberfest, Rotary Lights, Fourth of July fireworks. The steamboats Julia Belle Swain, La Crosse Queen and American Queen make stops along the river. The park features walking and running trails.
The La Crosse cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near La Crosse, Wisconsin.
If you lose the La Crosse location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.