Bangkok cruise port Laem Chabang serves the capital city of Thailand. Bangkok is located in the country's center, near Gulf of Thailand, covering the Chao Phraya River banks. The exotic city has a lot of entertainment opportunities and was awarded “World’s Best” in 2010 by Travel+Leisure Magazine.
In the very beginning of 2017, for the first time Laem Chabang became homeport for a premium cruise ship. Costa Cruises (Costa Asia) had here the company's first ever homeport season with the 2394-passenger Costa Victoria. The ship was based here in January 2017 for turnaround operations (Bangkok roundtrip cruise itineraries) around Gulf of Thailand. The ship arrived on January 11, 2017, following a repositioning cruise from Singapore. Until January 25 January, the ship operated three 4-night itineraries visiting Koh Samui Island, Sihanoukville (Cambodia) and Phu Quoc Island (Vietnam). Followed a 4-night relocation cruise to Shanghai (China).
Laem Chabang cruise terminal
The larger ships dock at Laem Chabang International Terminal. It is situated 30 minutes away from Pattaya, direction North, and an hour and a half away from Bangkok, direction Southeast. The Bangkok cruise port terminal offers food and beverage kiosks, information center for the passengers, bus service, taxi, gift and souvenir shop, duty free zone.
It is recommended to use bus instead of the very expensive taxi services. You will reach the city center for hour and a half.
The smaller cruise ships use Khlong Thoey (also spelled Klong Toey, Khlong Toei), the second Bangkok cruise port terminal. Is is in service since 1947 and was the major cruise port until 1991. The Khlong Thoey is close to the Bangkok city center but still not so close to walk.
Laem Chabang tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Bangkok was established in 1782. It will enchant you with charm and unique culture. You will be amazed by gorgeous temples, huge Buddha statues, golden spires, wonders of the architecture, archeological sites. You can explore the attractive nightlife, meet the culture and taste the cuisine. Buy unique souvenirs and learn the history of this stunning place. Located very close to the Equator, Bangkok is one of the world’s hottest places. The best visit time would be from November through February, the driest and coolest period.
Do not miss to visit:
- Wat Phra Kaew: the palace of Wat Phra Kaew. Located in the Royal Enclosure, this temple is the home of the Emerald Buddha, very popular attraction. Interesting fact is that from November through February, the Emerald Buddha wears a scarf.
- Wat Pho: Bangkok’s oldest university close to the temples complex, you can see the third biggest Buddha in Thailand. It is 132 ft tall.
- Wat Arun: located at the river side and dating before Bangkok’s establishment. You can see the famous 270 ft spire and enjoy beautiful sunset.
- National Museum: Thai art exhibitions from more than 1500 years. One of the top Southeast Asia’s highlights.
- Royal Barges Museum: take a look at the special royal ornate barges.
- Thon Buri: ride the Thon Buri canals and enjoy the beautiful Bangkok architecture.
- Khao San Road: Bangkok’s bohemian heart.
- Siam Square: trend setters’ shopping area.
- Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy: Patpong’s red light districts.
- Floating Market of Bangkok: great place to visit, but you will need at least several hours to get there. Located 100 km away from Bangkok.
The Laem Chabang cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand.
If you lose the Laem Chabang location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Laem Chabang cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
28 March, 2017
11 March, 2017
12 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
19 March, 2017
24 March, 2017
26 March, 2017
31 March, 2017
Thailand’s flourishing cruise industry was given another boost following the decision to base a prime international cruise ship in...January 13, 2017
The fourth ship of Viking Ocean Cruises, Viking Sun, will spend her maiden season sailing a 141-day world cruise visiting five continents – the...May 3, 2016
- show more news