Lahaina cruise port is located on the second biggest Hawaiian island Maui. The city of Lahaina is on the west coast and its nickname is “jewel in the crown of Maui” because of its extraordinary charm and beauty. The cruise ship itineraries include Lahaina because it is one of the most exiting tourist destinations. Lahaina cruise port is your gate to the traditions of Hawaii, unique beaches, historic sites, art galleries and “relentless sun” (translation of the former Lahaina name – Lele).
Highlights: Maui Island, Haleakala Crater
Lahaina cruise terminal
The Port of Lahaina is a tender port. The ships berth downtown Lahaina. Keep in mind that there is a small distance between you ship and the Lahaina cruise port pier and it is bumpy a little bit.
You will enter the port of Lahaina through a reef and during you passage, on your left, you will enjoy stunning view of sea and surfers. Lahaina cruise port has only two spots to anchor. If there are more ships, they will have to wait.
The major Maui airport is Kahului Airport. There are several American airlines that provide services from the West Coast to Maui. You will have good opportunity to catch a ferry from the Port of Lahaina and visit Lanai island.
The public transportation services are not common thing for Lahaina because everything is within a walking distance. If you need a transport, you will have to rent a car after you disembark at Lahaina cruise port.
Lahaina tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
One of the prettiest Hawaiian towns offers a lot of possibilities for activities and entertainment.
Some of the Shore excursion that you can join are:
- a humpback whale search.
- the heavenly road to Hana, the seven sacred pools.
- Haleakala Crater.
After you disembark at Lahaina cruise port, you can easily reach the tourist area and see some of its highlights:
- The Old Lahaina Lighthouse: located at the north side of the harbor, 26′ tower, there is an oil lantern at the top of it. King Kamehameha III commissioned the lighthouse in 1840. it main purpose was to help the navigation of whaleboats. In 1905, the old Lahaina Lighthouse was rebuilt.
- The Banyan Tree: currently it is more than 60 ft tall. It grows since 1873.
- The Waiola Churchyard: the last home of many local historical figures and legends. In the graveyard are buried William Richards, Governor and Kalakua Hoapili, early missionaries and Hawaiian leaders.
- The Wo Hing Museum: it used to be a two story temple, built in 1912. It belonged to Chee Kung Tong. The place was restored by the Lahaina Restoration Society in 1983.
- Sugar Kane Train: ride between Lahaina, Ka?anapali and Pu?uokilli?i for 45 minutes on that steam train century-old. The train can be caught from the Lahaina Station.
- Kaanapali Beach: one of the most beautiful world beaches. The place will charm you with its crystal water in light blue and sands in white. The air and water temperatures are always absolutely perfect for unforgettable time.
The Lahaina cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii.
If you lose the Lahaina location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Lahaina cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
30 September, 2017
2 October, 2017
3 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
13 October, 2017
15 October, 2017