Leixoes is one of the major seaports in Portugal, located around 4 km (2,5 ml) north of the mouth of Douro River, in Matosinhos municipality, close to the city of Porto.
- Leixoes is a popular artificial port on the Atlantic which serves Oporto that is prevented via a sandbar from having its own deepwater harbour.
- Travellers can also try an inland visit to the heart of Costa Verde and historic Braga, country's religious capital, to see the cathedral and ornate Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary. Another must-see is Guimeres, ancient capital and birthplace of Portugal's first king.
- Porto Leixoes Cruise Terminal was built by Port Authority of Douro, Porto, Portugal. It is a purpose built terminal for ocean-going passenger vessels. The terminal was opened on July 23, 2015.
- The terminal is situated in Matosinhos municipality near the city of Porto in Portugal's northern region. The total cost of the project is around EUR 50 million. The project is expected to develop and stimulate local tourist economy of the region.
- The new terminal building lies upon a 340 m long quay. It includes pedestrian access path for use of the general public and passengers. The project's architect was Luis Pedro Silva with Structural design being carried out by Newton Engineering Consultants. Major contractor is Ferreira Build Power of Porto.
- Leixoes Sport Club, known commonly simply as Leixoes, is Matosinhos' sports club.
Highlights: Oporto, Braga, Guimeres
The Leixoes cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Leixoes, Portugal.
If you lose the Leixoes location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Leixoes cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Leixoes, Portugal. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
17 April, 2017
23 April, 2017