Lijiang is a prefecture-level port city located in the northwest of China's Yunnan province. The city covers a total area of approx 21,219 km2 (8,193 ml2) and has a population of around 1,244,770 people (2010 census).
- Lijiang city is famous for the Old Town of Lijiang, which is a UNESCO Heritage Site. The history of the town is going back over 800 years and was a confluence for trade along old tea horse road. Lijiang old town is popular for its orderly system of bridges and waterways. The old town differs from other ancient Chinese cities in history, architecture and the culture of its traditional residents, Nakhi people.
- Lion Hill is overlooking Lijiang Old Town. Its summit is Wangu Pavilion, a wooden building which stands 33 m (108 ft) tall and has 10,000 dragon carvings.
- It is possible to view the entire valley of Li River from Lion's Hill, including both the old and the new city of Lijiang. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, which looks Northwest, dominates the horizon.
- There are dozens of little restaurants, which offer from snacks to high-end dining, reasonably priced and even cheap by Western standards. Accommodations are varied: the most interesting include the many boutique hotels run by families and individuals.
- Lijiang Airport is situated in the south of Lijiang, 28 km (17 ml) away from downtown. An airport shuttle bus services downtown Lijiang.
- The city of Lijiang features a number of bridges over Jinsha River, including Jinlong Bridge, constructed in 1936, which is the oldest over Yangtze River.
The Lijiang cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lijiang, Jinsha River, China.
If you lose the Lijiang location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.