Lofoten Islands are an archipelago within the Arctic Circle, and a Norwegian district in Nordland. This island group is located to the south of Vesteralen Islands and is known worldwide for its distinctive scenery - high mountains, sheltered inlets and bays, large virgin lands.
- The archipelago has a total land area of 1227 km2 (474 ml2) and total population of around 25,000.
- The largest islands are named Austvagoy (527 km2), Gimsoy (46 km2), Vestvagoy (411 km2), Flakstadoya (110 km2), Moskenesoya (186 km2), Væroy (19 km2), and Rost (10 km2).
- The Lofoten's highest elevation point is Higravstinden (1161 m / 3800 ft) on Austvagoy.
- Rost Reef is the largest deep water coral reef in the world.
- Wildlife is represented by millions of seabirds (including sea eagles, cormorants, puffins), otters, moose (on the largest isles), even minke whales.
Lofoten Islands are served by the following small airports: Leknes, Svolvær, Rost (for flights mainly to Bodo), Stokmarknes (Skagen), Harstad (Narvik), Evenes (direct flights to Oslo and Trondheim), Væroy heliport. Bodo is the main hub for travel to the Lofoten Islands. In addition to the regular flights, there is also a ferry service to Moskenes from Bodo and a ferry to Skutvik (Hamaroy) from Svolvær.
Highlights: Rugged scenery & wildlife
Lofoten Islands cruise terminal
Stamsund and Svolvaer are also among the Hurtigruten ports along the "Express Route" (Norwegian Coastal Express). This is a regularly scheduled ferry and cruise itinerary in Norway, between the turnaround ports Bergen (southmost) and Kirkenes (northmost).
Lofoten Islands tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Among the most popular Lofoten Islands tours and excursions are:
- surfing (at Unstad)
- cycling tours - there is a dedicated cycling route on Moskenes (south to north), which is a cycle-path part the public road. There is a dedicated cycling ferry between Ballstad (Vestvagoy) and Nusfjord (Flakstadoya) that allows cyclists to avoid the steep Nappstraum tunnel. For most of its length, The cycling route runs along the coastline and is generally flat.
The Lofoten Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lofoten Islands, Norway.
If you lose the Lofoten Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Lofoten Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lofoten Islands, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 May, 2017
2 May, 2017
3 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
5 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
7 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
9 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
11 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
15 May, 2017
16 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
30 May, 2017
31 May, 2017