Macapa is a port city located on the northern channel of Amazon River close to its mouth on the Atlantic in Brazil. The city covers a total area of approx 6,407 km2 (2,474 ml2) and has population of around 397,900 people according to 2010 census (metro 499,200).
- Macapa is the capital of Amapa state in the North Region of the country. It lies on a small plateau on Amazon in the southeast of Amapa state and offers few land connections to other parts of the country. The equator runs through the centre of the city, which lead residents to refer to it as "The capital of the middle of the world." Macapa is located northeast of the inland Marajó Island and south of French Guiana's border.
- Macapa is a major economic center of northern Brazil. It serves as a commercial hub of Amapá state. Iron, gold, lumber, oil, manganese, tin ore and timber from the interior of state pass through Amapa to Port Santana in the neighboring Santana municipality. It is the 5th wealthiest city in northern Brazil, and has a high rate of economic growth.
- In December 2001 Macapa gained international notoriety after international New Zealand-born yachtsman Peter Blake (1948-2001), was killed while anchored in port Macapa on his explorer yacht Seamaster. Macapa is the world's 45th most violent city, with 32 homicides per 100,000 people.
- The fortress of Saint Joseph is a Vauban-style fort built between 1764-1782 to replace a couple of previous fortifications found in the city. It was erected to safeguard Brazil's northern extremity and to control the estuary of Amazon. The fortress is one of the main sights of Macapa city.
- Marco Zero monument marks the position of the equator in Macapa and shows the passage of the sun. At spring and autumn equinox the sun rises and sets on equator's line and shines on Marco Zero monument along Avenue Equatorial, running for a mile east of it.
The Macapa cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Macapa, Brazil.
If you lose the Macapa location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Macapa cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Macapa, Brazil. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 January, 2018