Mainz is a Rhine River cruise port and the Rhineland-Palatinate state's capital. The city is located on the Rhine's confluence with river Main. Its population is around 200,000.
Among Mainz' most popular tourist attractions are:
- Romano-Germanic Museum (artifacts)
- Museum of Ancient Seafaring (has 5 Roman boats on display)
- Roman ruins, mausoleum, aqueduct
- Mainzer Dom (Cathedral)
- St. John's Church
- Staatstheater Mainz
- Eisenturm (13th-century gate-tower)
- Holzturm (15th-century gate tower)
- Gutenberg Museum (has an original Gutenberg Bible and many printed books)
- Old Town
- Kurfürstliches Schloss (prince-electors' residence)
- Marktbrunnen fountain
- Domus Universitatis
- Augustinerkirche (church), Peterskirche (church)
- Botanischer Garten (botanical garden in the Gutenberg-Universität)
- Landesmuseum (archaeology and art museum), Kunsthalle Mainz (contemporary art museum)
- The city is famous with the Mainzer Fassenacht Carnival. Its peak is on Rosenmontag ("rose Monday") marked by a large parade with over 500,000 citizens and tourists celebrating in the streets.
- Mainz is a major center of the Germany's wine trade industry, as the Rhineland-Palatinate state is an important wine growing region. The city is home to German Wine Academy, German Wine Institute and German Wine Fund. Its Mainzer Weinmarkt (wine market) is one of the country's largest wine fairs.
- Based in Mainz is aloso the company Schott AG - among the world's largest glass manufactures.
Highlights: St Martins Cathedral, St Stephens Church, Gutenburg Museum
The Mainz cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mainz, Germany.
If you lose the Mainz location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Mainz cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mainz, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 July, 2017
2 July, 2017
3 July, 2017
4 July, 2017
5 July, 2017
6 July, 2017
7 July, 2017
10 July, 2017
12 July, 2017
13 July, 2017
14 July, 2017
16 July, 2017
17 July, 2017
18 July, 2017
19 July, 2017
20 July, 2017
21 July, 2017
24 July, 2017
25 July, 2017
26 July, 2017
27 July, 2017
28 July, 2017
31 July, 2017