Meaux is a commune located in the Seine-et-Marne department in Ile-de-France region, Paris metropolitan area, France. It covers a total area of approx 14,95 km2 (5,77 ml2) and has a population of around 51,400 people (2012 census).
- Meaux is located 41 km (25,5 ml) northeast from the center of Paris. It is a subprefecture (administrative capital) of Seine-et-Marne department. It is also the chef-lieu of 2 smaller administrative land divisions: Meaux-Sud and Meaux-Nord cantons. Since its establishment in 2003, Meaux has been the main town of agglomeration community Communaute d'agglomeration du Pays de Meaux.
- The commune is served by Meaux station on Transilien Paris-Est suburban rail line and on a number of national rail lines. The rail line linking Paris to Meaux was founded in 1849. The SNCF train station, which is still in use, was constructed in 1890.
- Along with Meaux train station there is the main bus station, with over 30 bus lines that serve eastern Paris metropolitan area.
- Historical monuments and buildings in Meaux are located mainly in the old city and inside the ancient defensive walls, still partially kept due to a major segment of the initial surrounding wall from Gallo-Roman period.
- Two museums are found in Meaux: Musee Bossuet (situated in the episcopal palace, it is the art & history museum of the city) and Musee de la Grande Guerre du pays de Meaux (the world's largest WWI Museum).
- A number of concerts and festivals are celebrated in the city of Meaux, venues for live music such as the Music Festival "Musik'elles" held at the end of summer every year. There is also a local public concert band in the city: L'Harmonie du Pays de Meaux.
- Meaux is today mainly popular for Brie de Meaux (Brie cheese variety) as well as for its local variety of mustard.
Highlights: Gothic cathedral, Bossuet Museum
The Meaux cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Meaux, France.
If you lose the Meaux location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.