Middelburg is a port city and municipality located in the south-western Netherlands. The city covers a total area of approx 53,04 km2 (20,48 ml2) and has a population of around 47,660 people (2014 census).
- Middelburg is the capital city of the province of Zeeland. It was granted city rights in 1217. Middelburg is located on the central peninsula of Zeeland province, Midden-Zeeland (which consists of former islands Noord-Beveland, Zuid-Beveland and Walcheren).
- Middelburg features a railway station that offers intercity train connections to Amsterdam, Almere, Goes, Hague, Leiden, Roosendaal, Vlissingen, Rotterdam, Schiphol International Airport. Two trains leave in both directions every hour.
- During the Middle Ages, Middelburg became a trading centre of great importance in the commerce between England and the cities of Flanders.
- During the early phases of WWII, on May 17, 1940 About a third of Middelburg's old city centre was devastated by fire and bombs. It is still not sure if it were French artillery or German bombers. The town was liberated by British troops on November 5, 1944 during Operation Infatuate. After the War, the destroyed part of the old city center was rebuilt. However, city's archives had been incinerated during the bombardment.
- Contemporary Middelburg has regained much of its picturesque character. It boasts lavish 17th and 18th century storehouses and merchant houses of a similar style as in cities like Amsterdam. Middelburg's old city moats are there, as are a couple of the city gates, Koepoort Gate and varkenspoort Gate. The medieval abbey is in use as a museum and seat of the provincial government.
Highlights: Town Hall, Abbey
The Middelburg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Middelburg, Holland.
If you lose the Middelburg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Middelburg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Middelburg, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
19 July, 2017
25 July, 2017