Mykonos cruise port is located in the Cyclades Islands‘ center. They are Circle Islands in the Aegean Sea, surrounding Delos.
- Mykonos Island covers a total area of approx 105 km2 (40,6 ml2) and has a population of around 10,130 people (2011 census), most of whom live in the biggest town, Mykonos, situated on the west coast. The port town is also popular as Chora (the Town in Greek), following the practice in Greece when the name of the isle itself is the same as the name of its principal town.
- The nickname of Mykonos is The island of the winds. Tourism is a major industry and the island is famous for its vibrant nightlife and being a gay-friendly destination with establishments catering for LGBT community.
- Mykonos cruise port is the second most busiest Cycladic Island’s destination. The first is Santorini. The town is beautiful with its narrow curving streets, gorgeous blue-door cube houses and whitewashed steps. During the spring, the town is lively with an array of flowers.
- Attraction of the town include the white windmills. There are many windmills dotted around the isle, but most are concentrated in Chora. The well known "Kato Mili" in Chora ("lower mills"), stand in a row on a hill that overlooks the sea to harness the northern winds.
- Mykonos cruise port is a preferred port of call, especially in May and in September. Its popularity increases each year. The Airport is located 4 km (2,5 ml) southeast of the town and is served by international flights during summer. Mykonos is also accessible via boat and ferries. High speed ships travel there daily from Athens and from the surrounding islands.
Highlights: Hora, Delos, windmills
Mykonos Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Mykonos Island dock (anchor) at Mykonos - port town on the western coast. Mykonos cruise ship terminal is located at Tourlos. It is near Agios Stefanos beach. The distance to Mykonos Town (Hora) is 1.2 miles (3.5 km). There are shuttle buses to the town center. You can also catch a taxi from the taxi square on the Mykonos waterfront. The walking distance is about half an hour.
Mykonos cruise port dock at Tourlos serves only smaller cruise ships. Larger vessels anchor in the bay and the passengers are tendered ashore by boats. Mykonos cruise port tender dock is in the old harbour. It is within walking distance from the town center.
The closest airport is located 6 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal and 3.5 km from the tender dock.
Mykonos cruise port is in the itineraries of most of the major cruise lines including Norwegian Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises, Cunard, Pullmantur Cruises, Princess Cruises, Windstar Cruises, Crystal Cruises, SeaDream Yacht Club, Oceania Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Silversea and Regent.
Mykonos Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Petros the Pelican: Petros is the official Mykonos’s mascot since 1954. The first “Petros” was found in the area after a storm. The bird left its migrating and became resident of Mykonos. It lived there for over 30 years. Now, the spirit of Petros is found in his predecessor around the seafront.
- Windmills: they date from the 16th century and are among the most popular landmarks.
- Little Venice: this is the nickname of the western town part (near the sea). All the buildings in the area are constructed at the edge of the sea. The verandas are overhanging the seawater.
- Paraportiani: located near the entrance of the harbour. The transalation of the name is ” inner or secondary door.” Parapotiani comprises five smaller churches. The first was built in 1475.
- Delos: the small island is among the top archaeological sites in Greece. It is a national museum. You can reach it by ferry from Mykonos cruise port old dock. The voyage takes around one hour.
- Beaches: the beaches of Mykonos are like taken from romantic novel. Among the most popular are Ornos Beach (7 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 4 from the tender dock), Agios Ioannis Beach (8 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 5 from the tender dock) and Paradise Beach (9 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 6.3 from the tender dock)
The Mykonos Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mykonos Island, Greece.
If you lose the Mykonos Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Mykonos Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mykonos Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
9 April, 2018
16 April, 2018
22 April, 2018
24 April, 2018
26 April, 2018
28 April, 2018
29 April, 2018
30 April, 2018