The uninhabited Mystery Island (Inyeug) is a small isle located at Vanuatu's southernmost end, in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
The island only offers a few huts for overnighters, walking trails and some basic amenities for cruise tourists. Mystery Island is a great spot for snorkelling, usually offered via boat tours. No one lives on the isle as it's considered taboo to do so. Local people come across from nearby Aneityum on days when cruise ships visit the island and set up stalls. Local kids perform native songs in English.
- In February 2015, Carnival Australia (division of Carnival Corporation) launched the first ever Mystery Island shore excursions. Carnival cruise passengers have a choice of 4 different land tour experiences - guided snorkeling reef safari, stand-up paddleboarding, glass-bottom boat tour and glass-bottom kayaking excursion.
- Two additional land tours are offered to Anelghowhat (on Aneityum Island) visiting the Presbyterian church ruins and a fish bone hut. Aneityum Island is Vanuatu's southernmost (located in the Tafea province).
- According to Carnival Australia, cruise ships visit Mystery Island since the 1990s, but land tours were not offered until 2015 due to lack of satellite communications, fuel supply, proper management and insurance coverage. Another obstacle was the deployment of recreational equipment here. Since Carnival Cruise Line and Princess Cruises started itineraries that include the island, seakayaks and paddleboards had been carried progressively on the cruise ships.
- Besides Carnival, also Holland America and Princess offer Mystery Island tours.
- The first ever passengers enjoying the new island excursions were guests on Carnival Spirit during the ship's call on February 13, 2015.
- According to Carnival Australia, Mystery Island is the company's most popular South Pacific island destination.
Mystery Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Mystery Island anchor in Anelcauhat harbour (Aneityum Island) and their passengers are transported via the ship's tender boats.
Aneityum is Vanuatu's southernmost island. It covers a total area of 159 km2 (62 ml2) and has highest elevation point (Mt Inrerow Atamein) of 852 m / 2795 ft. The isle has 2 villages on its both sides. The larger (Anelcauhat, aka Anelghowhat) is on its southern coast.
Cruise ships to Aneityum Island dock (anchor) at Anelghowhat - port town on the western coast.
The Mystery Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mystery Island, Aneityum, Vanuatu.
If you lose the Mystery Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Mystery Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mystery Island, Aneityum, Vanuatu. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 January, 2018
2 January, 2018
3 January, 2018
4 January, 2018
8 January, 2018
16 January, 2018
17 January, 2018
20 January, 2018
23 January, 2018
24 January, 2018
27 January, 2018