- The island was named after the British Navy officer Lord Hugh Seymour (1759-1801). It has a total area of 1,9 km2 (0,7 ml2) with highest elevation point 28 m (92 ft).
- North Seymour is populated by nesting blue-footed boobies and swallow-tailed gulls, both represented in large colonies. It hosts one of the world's largest frigate birds populations. It is also home to a large population of blue-footed boobies and swallow-tailed gulls, and hosts one of the world's largest populations of magnificent frigatebirds. Here can also be seen Galapagos land iguanas, sea lions, marine iguanas, pelicans, Nazca boobies (seasonally). Boobies do fishing in flocks, while the frigatebirds are pirates - dive bombing the boobies and forcing them to drop their prey. Then, the frigate bird swoops down and picks up the fish before it touches the sea.
- The island's walking trail is approx 2 km (1,2 ml) long - crossing the island's interior and including its rocky coastline. The island is flat, with cliffs close to the shoreline. There is a small Palo Santo forest located above the landing point.
- The North Seymour Island has always been uninhabited and is only accessible today, with a professional (official) guide provided by the Galápagos National Park.
Highlights: Frigate birds, Blue-footed boobies
North Seymour Island cruise terminal
The following map of Galapagos Islands cruise itineraries shows the two main routes and all island stops (ports / landing sites) in the archipelago.
North Seymour Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- guided walks
- sea kayaking
- daily lecture onboard the cruise ship
The North Seymour Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near North Seymour Island, Galapagos.
If you lose the North Seymour Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port North Seymour Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from North Seymour Island, Galapagos. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 July, 2017
4 July, 2017
9 July, 2017
11 July, 2017
12 July, 2017
14 July, 2017
15 July, 2017
18 July, 2017
23 July, 2017
25 July, 2017
26 July, 2017
28 July, 2017
29 July, 2017