Palmarola is a mostly uninhabited, craggy island in Tyrrhenian Sea, located off Italy's west coast. It is the 2nd largest of the volcanic island group of Pontine Islands (Ponza Islands) and lies about 10 km (6.2 ml) west from Ponza and just to the north of Naples.
- Palmarola features an extremely rocky coast that is dotted with natural bays, grottos, crags and cliffs. The island of Palmarola is primarily a nature reserve. However, there are several ports where boats can land and a few restaurants that cater to travellers during the summer. A few little beaches exist.
- The famous French oceanographer and explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910-1997) appointed Palmarola Island as "The most Beautiful Island in the Mediterranean Sea".
- Pope Silverius was exiled to Palmarola. He died on the island in 537.
- Points of interest in Palmarola include San Silverio Shrine, a place where miracles have been confirmed. Tourists must have in mind that access to the site is difficult. Another must-see is the natural cave Cava Mazzella.
- Palmarola Island is the ideal stop for a beach day as it boasts remarkably clear water. In the treacherous shallows of Secca dei Mattom, between Ponza and Palmarola islands, archaeologists uncovered wrecks of Roman galleys which date from the Republican Period.
Palmarola Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Palmarola Island dock (anchor) at Ponza - port town on the south-eastern coast of Ponza Island.
The Palmarola Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Palmarola Island, Italy.
If you lose the Palmarola Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Palmarola Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Palmarola Island, Italy. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
18 August, 2017