Pearl Islands (officially Islas de las Perlas) is a Panamian archipelago, consisting of over 200 islands and islets (small-sized uninhabited isles). They are located in the Gulf of Panama, approx 48 km (30 ml) off mainland Panama (Pacific Ocean coast).
- The most famous among the Pearl Islands is the Contadora Island (officially Isla Contadora) known worldwide for its luxury resorts and private mansions. The island has been used by the Spanish conquistadors as a port for loading booty prior to the return voyages through the Atlantic Ocean to Spain. Current-day Contadora is a resort island, also having a large number of privately-owned homes of some of the most wealthy Panamanians. The island also features a large hotel. Most of the resort staff lives on the nearby Saboga Island.
- The largest among Pearl Islands is Isla del Rey (total area 234 km2 / 90 ml2). It is larger than all the other islands in the archipelago combined, and is also the Panama's second largest - after Coiba Island. On Isla del Rey there are several towns, the largest of which is San Miguel.
- Other large islands in the group (listed alphabetically) are: Bolano, Buena Vista, Cana, Casaya, Chapera, Chitre, Cocos, Espiritu Santo, Galera, Gallo, Gilbraleon, Lampon, Marin, Mina, Mogo Mogo, Pacheca, Pachequille, Pedro Gonzalez, Puerco, San Jose, Senora, Vivenda, Vivienda, Viveros.
- Galera Island features a prominent facade of very tall coconut trees and a beautiful white-sand beach.
- The Panamian airlines Air Panama and Aero Perlas offer regular flights between Panama City and the islands Contadora, San Jose and Rey (Isla del Rey).
Highlights: Contadora, Isla del Rey, Isla San Telmo, Mogo Mogo Island
Port Pearl Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pearl Islands, Panama. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|23 December, 2018|
|Sea Cloud II||08:00||14:00||At Sea|
|30 December, 2018|
|Wind Star||08:00||17:00||Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa|
The Pearl Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pearl Islands, Panama.
If you lose the Pearl Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.