Phillip Island is Australian island located about 140 km (87 ml) south-southeast of Melbourne, Victoria. The island covers a total area of approx 100 km2 (40 ml2) and has a population of around 9,400 people (2011 census).
- Named after Arthur Phillip (1738-1814), the first Governor of New South Wales, the island forms a natural breakwater for Western Port's shallow waters. It is 26 km (16 ml) long and 9 km (5,6 ml) wide, and has 97 km (60 ml) of coastline. Phillip Island is part of Bass Coast Shire.
- A 640-meter (2,100-foot) concrete bridge (originally wooden) links the mainland town of San Remo with the town of Newhaven on the island. During the summer months, the population swells to a total of 40,000 people. 60% of Phillip Island is farmland devoted to grazing of cattle and sheep.
- The western and southern coasts of Phillip Island lie within Phillip Island Important Bird Area, identified by BirdLife International due to its importance in supporting populations of fairy penguins, Pacific gulls and short-tailed shearwaters. In addition, a wildlife park is available where kangaroos and wallabies roam freely among the visitors and can be even fed by hand. Seal Rocks, located at the western end of Phillip Island, hosts the largest fur seals' colony in Australia (up to 16,000).
- Phillip Island is a popular tourist destination that is visited by 3,5 million tourists annually. Penguin Parade held at Phillip Island Nature Park (little penguins come ashore in groups), appeals to visitors from all over the world who come to see one of the few regions where this species of penguin is seen.
- Phillip Island is recognised as featuring some of the most varied and reliable surf conditions in Australia. It has hosted a variety of surf events, such as Roxy Pro Women's Surfing Festival and Rip Curl Pro in 2005.
- Other events include the Pioneer Festival and Churchill Island Working Horse.
Phillip Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Phillip Island AU dock (anchor) at Cowes - port town on the northern coast.
Port Phillip Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Phillip Island, Victoria Australia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|17 December, 2018|
|Seabourn Sojourn||08:00||23:00||Melbourne, Victoria Australia|
|23 December, 2018|
|Seabourn Encore||08:00||23:00||Melbourne, Victoria Australia|
The Phillip Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Phillip Island, Victoria Australia.
If you lose the Phillip Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.