Lembata is one of the Lesser Sunda Islands, known also as Lomblen island. Pulau Lembata Island is the largest of Solor Archipelago, in Lesser Sunda Islands, Indonesia and forms a separate regency of Nusa Tenggara Timur province.
- The length of Pulau Lembata Island is about 80 km (50 ml) from the southwest to northeast and the width is around 30 km (18,6 ml) from the west to the east. Lembata rises to a height of 1,533 m (5,030 ft).
- To the west lie archipelago's other islands, most notably Adonara and Solor, and then the bigger Flores Island. To the east is Alor Strait, separating the archipelago from Alor Archipelago. Across Savu Sea, to the south lies Timor Island, while to the north Banda Sea's western branch separates it from Southeast Sulawesi islands.
- Lewoleba is the capital city (known also as Labala). It is situated on the island's western part alongside a large bay facing Ile Ape volcano located in the north. Ships regularly connect the surrounding islands and the coastal towns, but the only bigger harbour lies at Lewoleba in the island's north. There are daily connections from Lewoleba to Flores, Larantuka and Waiwerang on the neighbouring Adonara Island.
- Like the other islands of Lesser Sunda, and much of Indonesia, Pulau Lembata Island is volcanically active. It features 3 volcanoes, Iliwerung, Ililabalekan, and Lewotolo.
- Lembata's people are, like many other Eastern Indonesia's inhabitants, famous for the handmade ikat weavings.
- On the Lembata's south coast, Lamalera village is popular for its whale hunting. Lamakera (on the neighbouring Solor Island) and Lamalera are the last 2 remaining whaling communities in Indonesia.
- In 2011, LIPI (Indonesian Institute of Sciences) found a couple of rare coral reef fish in Lamalera's sea - Cirrhilabrus flavidorsalis (Yellow-fin fairy wrasse) and Cyprinocirrhites polyactis (Swallowtail hawkfish), which only exist in waters that surround Indonesia and the Philippines.
Pulau Lembata Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Lembata Island dock (anchor) at Lewoleba - port city on the western coast.
The Pulau Lembata Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Lembata Island, Lamalera, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Lembata Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.