Saarburg is a Saar River cruise port located in Trier-Saarburg district, Rhineland-Palatinate state of Germany. The city covers a total area of approx 20,36 km2 (7,86 ml2) and has a population of around 7,180 people (2015 census).
- Saarburg lies on the banks of Saar River a few kilometers upstream from Saar's junction with Moselle River.
- Saarburg is the seat of "collective municipality" (Verbandsgemeinde) Saarburg. The area around the city is noted for cultivation of Riesling grapes.
- City's history begins in 964 with the building of the castle (now-ruined) by Graf Siegfried of Luxembourg. It received town charter in 1291. Saarburg has a bell foundry, Glockengießerei Mabilion, that has been in operation since 1770s. As of 2003 it is the only one in Germany making bronze bells.
- In 1945-1948 Saarburg was occupied by Luxembourg's troops. From July 18, 1946 to June 6, 1947 Onsdorf, in its municipal boundary, formed part of Saar Protectorate. French troops enhanced the occupation until 1955.
- Famous people born in Saarburg include: Erwin Menny, general lieutenant in World War II (1893-1949); Marianne Baum, resistance fighter against nazism (1912-1942).
Highlights: Castle, historic timber buildings
The Saarburg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Saarburg, Germany.
If you lose the Saarburg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Saarburg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Saarburg, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
31 May, 2017