San Juan cruise port is located on the north coast of Ruerto Rico. It is the largest city and the capital of the island. San Juan is the second-oldest, after Santo Domingo, capital that the Europeans established in the Caribbean. Originally the island was named San Juan and the port – Ciudad de Puerto Rico. They swapped over time.
San Juan cruise port is a major port of Puerto Rico and there are wide choices of voyages from the ship schedule. Popular cruises are to the Windward Isles (St Lucia, Dominica, St Vincent, Barbados, Tobago and Grenada), the Leeward Isles (St Maarten,Guadeloupe and St Kitts), the Netherland Antilles (Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba).
San Juan cruise terminal
San Juan cruise port terminal serves major lines including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises and Silversea.
The ships berth at three piers – Old San Juan piers (Pier 1,3,4,6), Navy Frontier pier and the Pan American pier.
Old San Juan Piers
They are located at Marina Street, the center of Old San Juan. All the major sightseeing places are withing easy walking distance.
- San Juan cruise port Pier 1 has a modern terminal building with facilities like shops, baggage gangways, parking and elevators.
- San Juan cruise port Pier 3 mainly serves Royal Caribbean line and transit cruise vessels.
- San Juan cruise port Pier 4 is located at the north shore. Carnival Cruise Lines manages the terminal.
- San Juan cruise port Pier 6 is a marginal one. Its in 1,196 ft long.
Frontier Pier: It has only one berth. It serves cruise ships and also commercial carriers.
Pan America Pier: It is south of Old San Juan. The modern San Juan terminal building at Pan America Pier is in Isla Grande. It serves larger cruise vessels.
Dry Dock facilities: The Port of San Juan has dry dock facilities between Pier 15 and Pier 16.
San Juan tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- El Morro Fort: the huge fort dates from 1539. It main service was to protect Port of San Juan from pirates. It is named after the Spanish patron – saint King Phillip. The full name of the fort is Castillo San Felipe del Morro.
- San Cristobal Fort: dates from the 18th century.
- La Fortaleza: dates from 1540 and it is the most ancient fort in San Juan. It used to be the governor’s official residence.
- Cathedral de San Juan: dates from 1592. The neoclassical cathedral is situated on Calle Cristo.
- Paseo de la Princesa and Paseo de la Muralla: take a walk along the old walls of the city. Both paths are to the waterfront.
- Escambron Beach: spent a leisure day at that beautiful beach. Enjoy breathtaking views along all the coastline (including El Morro Fort).
- Shopping: there are a lot of stores in Old San Juan. The main shopping streets are Fortaleza, Cristo and San Francisco. You can buy souvenirs, arts, fashion and jewelery from the craft markets at the Plaza de la Darsena and on Paseo de la Princesa. Located close to San Juan cruise port (Pier 1).
Hotels near San Juan cruise port terminal
- La Terraza de San Juan
- Condominium San Ildefonzo
- San Juan Park
- Villa Herencia Hotel
- Caleta 64 Apartments
- Posada San Francisco
- Ciqala Luxury Suites – San Juan
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Convention Center Hotel & Casino
- The Gallery Inn
- Hotel El Convento
- CasaBlanca Hotel
- Hotel Milano
- S.J. Suites Hotel
- Calle San Jose Apartments
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino
- Hotel Plaza De Armas
- Caribe Hilton
- Hotel Miramar
- Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- Courtyard San Juan Miramar
The San Juan cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near San Juan, Puerto Rico.
If you lose the San Juan location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port San Juan cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from San Juan, Puerto Rico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2016
2 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
9 October, 2016
16 October, 2016
19 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
30 October, 2016
5 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
26 October, 2016
28 October, 2016