Santa Fe Island (officially Isla Santa Fe, aka Barrington Island) is a small isle with total area of 24 km2 (9,3 ml2). It is located in the centre of the Galapagos Islands archipelago, and southeast of Santa Cruz Island.
- Geologically, the isle is one of the group's oldest, having around 4 million years old volcanic rocks.
- Its vegetation consists chiefly of brush, palo santo trees, stands of prickly pear cacti.
- The island's fauna is represented by 1 endemic species (Barrington land iguana) and 1 endemic subspecies (Santa Fe rice rat).
- At the beaches of Barrington Bay (landing point) can be seen large numbers of sea lions.
- The island has two walking trails leading from the Barrington Bay beach.
Highlights: Sea lions, snorkelling, Land Iguanas
Santa Fe Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Santa Fe Island Galapagos dock (anchor) at Barrington Bay - on the northeastern coast.
Santa Fe Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- guided walks. snorkeling, sea kayaking, daily lecture on the ship
The Santa Fe Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Santa Fe Island, Galapagos.
If you lose the Santa Fe Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Santa Fe Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santa Fe Island, Galapagos. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
16 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
30 October, 2016