Sanya cruise port is popular as “China’s Hawaii.” The city is located on the Hainan island and is its second most populous city. According to 2010 Census, the population is 685,400 inhabitants, living in an area of 1,920 km2 (741.15 ml2). Sanya cruise port is a popular tourist destination because of its tropical climate and 20km long beach stretches. The area has a lot of opportunities for water sport activities such as jet-skiing, snorkeling or just swimming. The hotels are innumerable and beautiful.
The official language is Mandarin and the season at Sanya cruise port is all year round.
Sanya cruise terminal
The Sanya Phoenix Island International Cruise Terminal is located on the Phoenix Island. It was inaugurated in November 2006. Since then, the Sanya cruise port terminal has welcomed over 380 cruise calls. Among the companies that include Sanya cruise port in their itineraries are Royal Caribbean International, Costa Cruises and Star Cruises. It is the home port of SuperStar Aquarius. The 51,309-tonne vessel operates cruises to Halong Bay & Hue and Danang.
Sanya cruise port terminal spreads over 10,000 sq m. It is located a few miles from the city downtown, the connection is via bridge (10 minutes walking distance). In front the Sanya cruise port terminal is located a parking area with available taxis. The passengers can also use the public transportation service – electric car. The ticket to the downtown is 5 yuan.
Currently the terminal has only one berth for cruise ships up to 80,000 tonnes, but a project for the expansion of Sanya Cruise port in undergoing. According to the plan, there will be four new berths able to accommodate cruise ships up to 250,000 tonnes. The investment in the project is over $480m.
Sanya tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Tianya Haijiao: situated at the Xiamaling Mountain foot, this scenic spot has a scenery rarely found anywhere else. Located about 23 km from Sanya cruise port. To get there take a minibus from downtown called “Nanshan” or “Tianya”. The opening hours are 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Asian Dragon Bay: or Yalong Bay is 25 km from Sanya cruise port. It is situated in the Hainan Province southernmost part. Here is where you can find the best beach in Sanya. In the north part of the Bay, you can find the Butterfly Valley – one of China’s top 5 halls that present the most precious species of butterflies in the country. To get there, take the Special Tourist Bus (double-deck) or Bus 15 from downtown. The opening hours are 7.30 a.m – 6 p.m. (both Yalong Bay and the Sanya Butterfly Valley).
- Luhuitou Park: located on a high hill, the park gives stunning views of Sanya and its surroundings. In the park is situated a 12-meter statue commemorating a local legend of a brave young hunter and a mountain deer that transformed into a beautiful young girl. To get there take a Special Tourist Bus from downtown. Opening hours are 7 a.m – 10 p.m.
Hotels near Sanya cruise port terminal
- Howard Johnson Resort Sanya Bay
- Palmena Apartment – Sanya
- Ocean Sonic Resort Sanya
- Days Hotel & Suites Sanya Resort
- Narada Resort & Spa Sanya
- Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Resort
- Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa
- Grand Soluxe Hotel & Resort, Sanya
- Gold Boutique Holiday Apartment
- Sanya Jinglilai Resort
- HNA Duke Mansion
- Fenghuang Rujia Holiday Apartments (Sanya Bay Branch)
- Timton International Hotel
- Xinya International Holiday Hotel
- Wanbo Club
The Sanya cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sanya, China.
If you lose the Sanya location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Sanya cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sanya, China. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
4 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
26 March, 2017
China has commissioned a new cruise ship to take travellers to islands claimed by Vietnam in disputed SCS (South China Sea), reinforcing its claim...March 5, 2017
2,200 employees of a mobile Internet firm in China were given a holiday treat on board the Costa Atlantica ship ahead of Chinese New Year. The...February 13, 2016
Sanya is situated in the southernmost tip of Hainan province in China, able to host cruise ships year-round. The exotic Chinese port offers a...August 28, 2015
- show more news