Scandola Nature Reserve is situated on the west coast of the French Corsica Island, within Corsica Regional Park. The reserve covers a total area of approx 19,19 km2 (7,41 ml2) of which 9,19 km2 (3,55 ml2) is land and 10 km2 (3,9 ml2) is sea.
- Scandola Reserve lies between Punta Nera and Punta Muchillina and includes Cape Porto and Cape Girolata.
- The reserve was founded in 1975. The reserve and park has been recognized by the UN (United Nations) as a Natural World Heritage Site. In 1983 it was inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- Scandola Reserve features 2 sectors, Elpa Nera inlet and peninsula of Scandola. The sheer and jagged cliffs contain a lot of grottos and are flanked by many stacks and almost inaccessible islets and coves, like Tuara. The coastline is noted for its red cliffs, headlands and sand beaches.
- Calanques de Piana are the huge cliffs of pink granite which loom above the sea. Dominated by its Genoese fort and houses clinging to the mountain slopes, Girolata is among the emblematic sites of Corsica island. A haven of peace, it lies nonchalantly along Mount Senino's slopes.
- Scandola has Mediterranean climate, with dry and hot summers.
- A law was passed in 1930 prohibiting modification or destruction within Corsica Regional Park. Nowadays, Scandola Reserve is strictly protected to return the region to its natural state.
Highlights: Corsica Regional Nature , Mount Senino
The Scandola cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Scandola, Corsica, France.
If you lose the Scandola location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Scandola cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Scandola, Corsica, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
4 August, 2017
11 August, 2017
18 August, 2017