Schweinfurt (literally 'swine ford' in German) is a Main River cruise port located in Lower Franconia region of Bavaria, Germany. The city covers a total area of approx 35,71 km2 (13,79 ml2) and has a population of around 51,970 people (2015 census).
- The port city lies on the right bank of Main River, that is spanned by a number of bridges here, 27 km (16,8 ml) northeast of Wurzburg.
- According to a study by the Swiss Institute of Economic Research forecasters, the city of Schweinfurt is among the fastest growing in Germany. The study confirmed that Schweinfurt, among other things, feaurets the highest jobs' concentration in Germany with particularly high employment share (Beschäftigungsanteil) in Germany's high-tech sector.
- The main landmarks in Schweinfurt include: The church of Saint Johannes (1554–1562); The Gothic Town Hall (1570–1572); The Old Grammar School, seat of city's local museum. The Museum Georg Schafer is specialized in 19th-century paintings by painters from German-speaking countries.
- The town hall (Schweinfurter Rathaus) square has a large Friedrich Ruckert monument in its central part, around which weekly markets and city festivals are held. Many people, including immigrants from other countries, add to the inner-city traffic-free shopping area named Markthalle.
- Motherwell Park links the surrounding medieval buildings to the city market square. In order to avoid the car-filled streets of Schweinfurt, walking through the park with part of the initial city walls offers shortcuts and paths, bringing one on foot from one end of city to another, reminiscent of medieval life.
Highlights: Gothic Town Hall, Old Gymnasium
Port Schweinfurt cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Schweinfurt, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 July, 2018|
|MPS Da Vinci|
The Schweinfurt cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Schweinfurt, Germany.
If you lose the Schweinfurt location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.