Senggigi is the major tourist strip of Lombok Island, Indonesia, stretched out along a number of kilometers of the beachfront to the north of the capital city, Mataram.
- The site of building frenzy during the late 1990s when the island of Lombok was advertised to be the next Bali, communal violence of 2000 and Bali bombing of 2002 dealt Senggigi a hard blow, with tourist numbers decreasing precipitously and a wealth of construction projects stopped.
- The salty waterfall found at the end of Nambung Beach is reached by using a traditional boat or by walking on sand and rocks.
- The grave of the famous Muslim saint Makam Batu Layar, located In the south of Senggigi, is worth a visit.
- Pura Batu Bolong is a well known Hindu temple with fourteen altars on a rock on the beach that is visited by a lot of worshippers. The name is translated to "Rock with a hole". The small Hindu temple lies in a scenic spot at the headland which overlooks Senggigi beach. At the tip of this headland is found an empty chair which represents the god of creation Brahma. Entry is free, but visitors will have to 'borrow' a sash from one of the urchins if they don't have one already.
- Senggigi Beach is a spit of sand which stretches out from central Senggigi. It's the raison d'etre of Senggigi but, by Indonesian standards, it is not all that spectacular. Sometimes the beach is a little dirty, the hawkers are a nuisance and Senggigi Beach Resort has snatched most of the land. A pathway has been built around the peninsular and can be a nice promenade.
- Kerangdangan beach is a popular spot for Lombok residents who go there to wander about or sit on the grassy area behind the warungs and on the sandy beach. People often swim in the sea and then eat satay and other snacks prepared by Kerandangan villagers.
Senggigi tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The following map of Lombok Island shows all ports, bays, tourist destinations and attractions. The map also shows all the Gili Islands located around Lombok.
Tourism is among the island's most important sources of income. Lombok's west coast is the most developed tourism area with modern facilities. This region is centered around Senggigi. The west coast tourist area features over 30 km (19 ml) of coastline paralleled by a coastal road running between Mataram and Ampenan.
This well-developed tourism region extends to Tanjung (northwest) located near Mt Rinjani. It includes also the peninsulas Sire and Medana and the Gili Islands (located very close offshore). The three Gili Islands are usually accessed by tour boats leaving from Bangsal. also from Teluk Nare or Senggigi.
- This part of Lombok Island has numerous hotels and seaside resorts ranging from budget to top-luxury. Fast boat services run regularly from Bali Island to Lombok, with direct connections to Gili Islands.
- Among Lombok's other main tourist travel destinations are Mt Rinjani, Gili Bidara, Gili Lawang, the parks Narmada and Mayura, Kuta (popular with its white sand beaches) and Sekotong (popular scuba diving location).
- Southern parts of Lombok Island are considered among the world's best surfing locations. The surfing season runs between late March and late September. Among the most popular sites is the Desert Point (at the island's southwestern tip).
- At the northwestern coast (near Tanjung and the Gili islands) are located many of the island's luxury resorts and villas. A new boat / yacht marina was built at Medana Bay.
- The island's both premium golf courses are also here - Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club (near Pamenang) and GEC Rinjani Country Club (west of Mataram City).
The Senggigi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Senggigi, Mataram, Lombok, Indonesia.
If you lose the Senggigi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Senggigi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Senggigi, Mataram, Lombok, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 June, 2017
18 June, 2017
28 June, 2017