Sognefjord (Sognefjorden) is the largest and most popular fjord in Norway and the world's 2nd longest. It is located in Sogn og Fjordane county (Western Norway) and stretches 205 km (127 ml) inland from the sea to Skjolden (Luster municipality). The fjord is named after the Sogn district, which covers Norway's southern part.
- The innermost arm of Sognefjord is called Lustrafjord, located in Luster municipality. At its end, there is Skjolden village, which is an access point to the famous Jotunheimen National Park.
- Boats link settlements along Sognefjord and its sidearms. Bigger villages on the fjord and its branches are Ardalstangen, Aurlandsvangen, Balestrand, Flam, Gaupne, Gudvangen, Hermansverk, Hoyanger, Lærdalsoyri, Leirvik, Sogndalsfjora, Solvorn, Vadheim, Vikoyri, Ytre Oppedal.
- Gudvangen is located by Næroyfjord, a branch of Sognefjord particularly popular for its unspoiled nature, and only 300 m (980 ft) across at its narrowest point. Næroyfjord is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From Flam village, the Flam Railway climbs 864 m (2,835 ft) up to Myrdal Station in a 20-kilometre (12-mile) distance - the world's steepest unassisted railway climb.
- Around the inner end of Sognefjord, three of the famous stave churches in Norway have survived: Kaupanger and Urnes (situated along the shoreline) and Borgund (30 km /19 ml into Lærdal valley).
- Sognefjord Span (power lines) intersects the fjord with a span of 4,597 m (15,082 ft). This is the world's 2nd largest span of power lines. The fjord has become a major tourist attraction with summer visitors being an important part of local economy.
Highlights: Deepest and most spectacular fjord in Norway
Sognefjord cruise terminal
The following map of Sognefjord shows all neighbouring fjords and all ports along Sognefjorden.
Sognefjord tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Port Sognefjord cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sognefjord, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Sognefjord cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sognefjord, Norway.
If you lose the Sognefjord location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.