St George's (aka St George's Town) is a port located on Bermuda's St George's Island. The location was first settled in 1612, and was also the first permanent British settlement in Bermuda.
St George's Island is one of Bermuda's main islands. It is located in the country's northeastern part, and covers a total area of around 3 km 2 / 1 ml. St George's Town has many of Bermuda's oldest buildings, among which are St Peter's Church, the State House, many forts.
St George's Island is separated from St David's Island by the St George's Harbour (north) and the Ferry Reach channel (south). Via the St David's Island, St George's is connected to Bermuda's mainland by bridges and a causeway.
On January 16, 2017, started the construction works (by the local contractor Crisson Construction) on upgrades to St George Harbour's shoreline. The port redevelopment project was in preparation for regular cruise ship visits to St George Bermuda in summer.
- The USD 2 million project included a major facelift of the Hunter’s Wharf in order to able to accommodate the two new ferry ships operating between St George's East End and the Royal Naval Dockyard (on Ireland Island).
- At Hunter’s Wharf the sea wall was restored (destroyed by Hurricane Fabian in September 2003). This wharf became the new terminal for the NCL cruise ship tender boats and ferries.
- Also included in the project were improvements to the Penno’s Wharf - new bollards, refendering, dock resurfacing.
- The agreement also included bringing 2 catamaran ferries to St George's island (between Dockyard and East End), and an NCL yearly investment of USD 150,000 as tourism sponsorship (cooperation with Bermuda Tourism Authority).
- Works were scheduled for completion by the end of March. During season 2017, St George port had scheduled 12 more cruise ship calls as part of a deal between the Bermudian Government and NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line).
Highlights: King's Square
St George cruise terminal
St George's Harbour is a natural harbor waterway located in Bermuda's northern part. It serves as cargo and cruise port for the St George's Town (on St George's Island, located to the north). For over 200 years, this was the primary harbour of the British Overseas Territory.
Larger cruise ships don't enter the harbour, but anchor at Murray's Anchorage (near Fort St. Catherine's). From there, their passengers are transported to the Penno's Wharf via the ship's own tender boats. Between the ship anchorage and the tendering wharf is approx 1 hour travel.
Port St George cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from St George, Bermuda. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|15 April, 2018|
|Le Ponant||At Sea|
|30 April, 2018|
|Oceania Sirena||08:00||14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
The St George cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near St George, Bermuda.
If you lose the St George location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.