Tinos is a Greek island located in the Cyclades archipelago, Aegean Sea. The island covers a total land area of approx 194 km2 (75 ml2) and has population around 8,640 people (2011 census).
- In antiquity, Tinos Island was also famous as Ophiussa ("ophis" is the Greek for snake) and Hydroessa ("hydor" is the Greek for water). The closest isles are Mykonos, Andros and Delos.
- Tinos is famous among the Greeks for its 50 active villages, 80 or so windmills, around 1000 artistic dovecotes, the Church of Panagia Evangelistria, and its Venetian fortifications at Exomvourgo mountain. Both Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox populations co-exist on Tinos, and it is also well known for its famous painters and sculptors, including Nikolaos Gysis, Nikiforos Lytras and Yannoulis Chalepas.
- The island is situated close to the geographical center of Cyclades island complex, and due to Panagia Evangelistria church, with its miraculous icon of Virgin Mary, Tinos Island is also the center of yearly pilgrimage taking place on the date of Dormition of the Virgin Mary (August 15, in Greek "Dekapentavgoustos"). This is probably the most notable and still active annual pilgrimage in the region of eastern Mediterranean. Lots of pilgrims make their way the 800 m (2,600 ft) from the ferry wharf to the church on hands and knees as sign of devotion.
- The island of Tinos has a varied landscape and many beaches - from the shores of Kolimbithra and Panormos on the North Shore to Agios Yannis O Portos, Agios Sostis and Kionia on the Southern Shore. The highest mountain on Tinos is Tsiknias, at 750 m (2,460 ft). It hides Livada village.
- Tinos Island has 3 ports, one for passenger speed boats, and 2 for ferries and highspeed boats carrying passengers and cars to various ports, including Andros, Piraeus, Rafina, Syros and Mykonos (35 min).
Highlights: 'Lourdes of Greece'
Tinos Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Tinos Island dock (anchor) at Tinos - port town on the southern coast.
The Tinos Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Tinos Island, Greece.
If you lose the Tinos Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Tinos Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Tinos Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
26 October, 2017