Valletta is the main port and capital city of Malta (island country in Mediterranean Sea, southern Europe). Malta Island is located midway between North Africa and Sicily Island (Italy). Since 1974, Malta is a British Commonwealth nation. The other Malta cruise port is Mġarr Harbour (on Gozo Island).
The cruise port is located within the Grand Harbour, which is a natural deep-water harbor waterway. The Valletta Cruise Port is a subsidiary company of Global Ports Holding
La Valletta City was founded by the 49th Grand Master of Knights of Saint John - Jean Parisot de Valette (1495-1568). Most of the city's medieval structures remain.
- In 2015, Port Valletta handled 668,277 cruise passengers - an increase of 29% over 2014.
- The cruise port in 2016 reported a record year with a total of 682,222 cruise passengers (embarking passengers were excluded), which was a 2% increase over 2015. During 2016, the port was booked by 42 different cruise ship operators and 81 different cruise vessels.
- In 2017, the port handled a total of 330 ship calls and over 700,000 cruise tourists.
- In 2016, Gozo Island received 19 cruise ship calls and around 7,000 passengers.
- With P&O UK's ship Oceana in the Mediterranean during 2017 season, the port had scheduled 27 calls and over 100,000 passengers via P&O's fly-cruise deals (fares inclusive of flights from UK to Malta and back). The port also had another 5 calls with additional 10,000 passengers (visiting Valletta as port of call).
- In 2017, Port Valletta welcomed its 700,000 cruise ship tourist. The 700,000th passenger arrived on MSC Meraviglia. He received a free 3-day Malta vacation package for 2. The package (courtesy of Malta Tourism Authority) was inclusive of flights and 2-night luxury hotel accommodation (provided by The Saint John Hotel).
- By the end of 2017, the cruise port reported a record year with handled 340 ship calls and around 780,000 passengers. For season 2017, here were homeported liners from the fleets of P&O UK and TUI.
Highlights: City, Cathedrals, Mdina
Valletta cruise terminal
Cruise ships dock at Valletta Waterfront pier in Valletta Harbour.
Ther terminal features 250-year-old warehouses from the baroque era. This is the city's historical Quay Wall where merchant vessels used to dock and unload their cargo.
The Valletta cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Valletta, Malta.
If you lose the Valletta location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Valletta cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Valletta, Malta. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 December, 2017
13 December, 2017
18 December, 2017
20 December, 2017
21 December, 2017
23 December, 2017
27 December, 2017
31 December, 2017
Valletta Cruise Port, operator of Valletta Waterfront and the sea passenger terminals as well as a subsidiary of Global Ports Holding celebrated 700...December 1, 2017
The Valletta docking quay of Grand Harbour ferry service operating between Cospicua and Valletta was blockaded this evening, October 7, by rival...October 8, 2017
- show more news