- Bleik village (on Bleiksoya Island) features a long beach and a large seabird colony. There are also whales feeding in the area.
- The Vesteralen archipelago consists of the following municipalities - Andoy, Bo, Hadsel, Lodingen, Oksnes, Sortland.
- The largest islands included in the group are (listed alphabetically): Andoya, Austvagoya, Hadseloya, Langoya, Hinnoya, plus several smaller isles.
- The terrain is mountainous, with several lakes (including Alsvagvatnet on Langoya). Most towns and villages are on the coast, built between the coastal fjords and the mountains.
- The Moysalen National Park partly includes the Vesteralen.
- All the larger Lofoten Islands are connected by bridges or undersea tunnels, and to mainland Norway via the Lofast road and the Harstad/Narvik Airport (in Evenes). They are also connected by a ferry.
- The Lofast road (Lofoten Mainland Connection) was opened in 2007, connecting Lofoten to mainland Norway. Lofast includes several tunnels, the largest of which are Sordal (length of 6,3 km / 4 ml) and Sloverfjord (length of 3,3 km / 2 ml). There are another 5 tunnels on the road, plus the Raftsund Bridge (two-lane, between Austvagoya and Hinnoya, length 700 m / 2300 ft).
- The islands are served by the airports Stokmarknes-Skagen (on Langoya) and Andenes (on Andoya).
- The islands' total population is around 32,000, with the largest town being Sortland (population around 10,000).
- The island's economy is based mainly on commercial fishing (cod fisheries), fish farming, some agriculture.
Highlights: Hinnoya, Andoya, Langoya, Hadseloya, Bleiksoya
Vesteralen Islands cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Vesteralen Islands dock at Sortland - port town on Langoya Island's eastern coast.
Sortland is one of the Hurtigruten ports along the "Express Route" (Norwegian Coastal Express). This is a regularly scheduled ferry and cruise itinerary in Norway, between the turnaround ports Bergen (southmost) and Kirkenes (northmost).
The following map of Vesteralen Norway shows all the region's islands and main ports.
The Vesteralen Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Vesteralen Islands, Sortland, Norway.
If you lose the Vesteralen Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Vesteralen Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Vesteralen Islands, Sortland, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2017
2 October, 2017
4 October, 2017
5 October, 2017
6 October, 2017
7 October, 2017
8 October, 2017
9 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
11 October, 2017
12 October, 2017
13 October, 2017
15 October, 2017
16 October, 2017
17 October, 2017
18 October, 2017
19 October, 2017
20 October, 2017
21 October, 2017
22 October, 2017
23 October, 2017
24 October, 2017
26 October, 2017
27 October, 2017
28 October, 2017
29 October, 2017
30 October, 2017
31 October, 2017