Warnemunde-Rostock cruise port is the most popular cruise port for 2013 in Germany. It is located on the estuary of Warnow River, northeastern Germany. The Baltic sea’s shores are 13 away, direction South. Warnemude cruise port is operated by Rostock Port Development Company. Warnemunde is a seaside resort in the Rostock district. Rostock has population around 200,000.
- Berlin is two hours from Warnemunde cruise port by train. The closest large city is Schwerin. Among the most visited Baltic Sea cruise ports, Warnemunde-Rostock is ranked 6th - following Copenhagen, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm and Helsinki.
- Being a maritime traffic centre, the district of Warnemunde comprises a wealth of navigational aids, the oldest of which is the lighthouse, built 1897, and still in use. During the summer months, the tower, approx 37 m (121 ft) high, lets visitors enjoy an impressive view over Baltic Sea and Rostock's northern districts.
- Other famous landmark in Warnemunde, nearby Teepott (Teapot) with its Hyparschale-curved roof, is a living example of East German architecture. Created in Bauhausstile and opened in 1926, it burned at the end of WWII. Rebuilt with a curved roof during the 1960s and renovated in 2002, it currently houses a variety of restaurants.
- The large, sandy beaches of Warnemunde are the broadest on German Baltic Sea coast. They stretch out over a length of 3 km (1.9 ml).
- Warnemunde/Berlin cruise port ship schedule includes Baltic Sea and North Sea cruises. The cruising season from Warnemunde/Berlin cruise port is from May to October.
In 2017, Warnemunde-Rostock cruise port had scheduled 36 different ships (24 different lines), booked 190 ship calls and around 800,000 passengers and around 155,000 crew. Of all cruise passengers, 195,000 booked a roundtrip itinerary.
- The season started on April 27 (AIDAdiva) and ended on October 12 (MS Balmoral). First-time visiting ships were CMV Columbus (ex Pacific Pearl), MSC Magnifica, NCL Norwegian Getaway, Regent Seven Seas Explorer, MV Viking Sky.
- During summer 2017, AIDA Cruises homeported in Rostock AIDAdiva and ADIAmar. The port's schedule also showed three 4-ship days and fourteen 3-ship days. The 2017 cruising season's last visiting ship was Fred Olsen's MS Balmoral (October 12).
- In 2017, of all ship visits, 173 times vessels were berthed in Warnemunde and 17 at the overseas port. Cruise liners called at the Warnow River port on 113 days of the year.
- The majority of cruise tourists in 2017 were from Germany (120,000), followed by USA (71,000), Spain (38,000), UK (33,000), Canada (23,000), Italy (22,000), Australia (13,000), other countries (126,000).
- In 2017, cruise ship tourists (passengers and crew) spent in the region (Warnemunde, Rostock, the surroundings) around EUR 20 million. The ashore spending was mainly on shopping, hotels, restaurants, public transportation, taxis, car parking. Local, supporting cruise lines businesses that hugely benefit from the ports include coach and tour operators, railways, travel agents, vessel supply and disposal companies, shipping agents, port operators, assisting pilots.
- In 2018, the cruise port had scheduled a total of 205 ship calls, of which 180 booked at Warnemunde and 25 booked at the seaport. Maiden port calls in 2018 were scheduled for the liners Brilliance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), Britannia (P&O UK), Marella Discovery (Marella / Thomson), MSC Orchestra (MSC), Norwegian Breakaway (NCL), Sapphire Princess (Princess), Seven Seas Navigator (RSSC), Viking Sun (Viking Ocean) and Zenith (Pullmantur).
- In 2018, AIDA homeported in Rostock two liners - AIDAdiva and AIDAmar, for a total of 43 roundtrips.
Warnemunde-Rostock cruise terminal
Warnemunde cruise port terminal building is made of steel and glass. It is two -storey and spreads over 3,191 m2. The terminal's capacity per day is 2,500 passengers.
- The ground level is occupied by a hall, federal Police customs room and multifunction area.
- The technical rooms are on the first floor, as a flood protection. The gallery floor of the Warnemunde cruise port is for furnished waiting area. It cover 350 square meters and has 250 seats.
- The construction costs were estimated to Euro 5,5 million.
- The cruise terminal building has seven entrances and exits. They are located each on the seaside and on the landside.
- The terminal has the best railway connection among all German ports. The station is close to the terminal and this is one of its advantages.
- The German Autobahn is 4 km away through the Warnow tunnel. The distance to Berlin is 2 hours, 30 minutes to the closest airport and the center of Rostock is 20 minutes away. The quay is right at the heart of Warnemunde.
- There is no long-term parking area - only short-term parking is available. The passengers can rent a car, a bicycle or a boat at the local tourism agency. Money can be exchanged at ReiseBank.
Warnemunde-Rostock tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Alter Strom
- Harbor Warnemundeor
- Warnemunde Beach
- Warnemunde Cruise Center
- Lighthouse Warnemunde
- Robben Research Station High Dune Park
- Flammen Lighthous
- Old Town Warnemunde
- Esperanza Sculpture
- Church Warnemunde
- Beach of Diedrichshagen Mecklenburg-Western
- Marine Science Center Warnemuende
- St. Marien Church: dates from 1472 and it has a famous astronomical clock
- The Town Hall: amazing building in baroque style
- Rostock University: dates from 1419. Visit also the University Square.
- Kröpeliner Tor & Steintor: the gates of the town
- St. Petri Church
- Boulevard Kröpeliner Strasse: buy souvenirs or just have a coffee and take a look at the people
- Monastery of the Holy Cross: visit also the museum.
- Museum in the former STASI prison
- Ulrich Deprie Chocolate Manufactory
- The Zoo of Rostock
The Warnemunde-Rostock cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Warnemunde-Rostock, Germany.
If you lose the Warnemunde-Rostock location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Warnemunde-Rostock cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Warnemunde-Rostock, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 April, 2018
23 April, 2018
26 April, 2018
30 April, 2018
2018 cruise season will starts at Warnemunde cruise port on April 8 with the arrival of Fred Olsen's Boudicca. A total of 205 visits by 43 cruise...January 10, 2018
Genting Hong Kong revealed the completion of the acquisition of Nordic Yards’ three shipyards in Stralsund, Wismar and ...April 28, 2016
Genting Hong Kong announced the acquisition of Nordic Yards’ 3 shipyards in Stralsund, Wismar and Warnemunde, Germany for EUR 230,6...March 2, 2016
- show more news