West Palm Beach is a port city and county seat of Palm Beach County, Florida US, as well as one of the 3 main cities located in South Florida. The city covers a total area of approx 150,7 km2 (58,2 ml2) and has a population of around 108,900 people (2016 census).
- West Palm Beach is the oldest municipality in Miami metropolitan area. It was incorporated as a city in November 1894 - 2 years before Miami. Despite the fact that West Palm Beach is situated approx 109 km (68 ml) north of Downtown Miami, it's still considered the principal city within Miami metropolitan area, because of the solid urbanization between the two cities. The estimated population of Miami Metropolitan area, including all of Palm Beach County, was 6,012,330 inhabitants at 2015 census.
- The Atlantic Treasure Coast of Florida is home to West Palm Beach. A bit further east of West Palm is Palm Beach island, home to Florida's famous mansions and renowned upscale shopping boulevard of Worth Avenue. Henry Flagler, railroad tycoon, established this region as a vacation haven for the most famous and rich. Among the many part-time residents, President Donald Trump owns the renowned Mar-a-Lago mansion, created by the Post family years ago.
- Other attractions in the area include Lion Country Safari, where visitors dive through cageless zoo containing more than 1,000 animals including elephants, lions, gorillas, gazelle, giraffes, birds. More nature awaits at Loxachatchee National Wildlife Refuge, best for a leisurely hike on nature trails or renting a canoe for fishing. Easily accessible from Palm Beach are Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- The Port of Palm Beach is situated on the northern edge of city limits. It is Florida's 4th busiest container port and continental United States' 18th busiest port. In addition to its intermodal capacity, the Port is an important modal point for shipment of variety of goods, as well as being home to a number of small passenger cruise lines.
- As a waterfront cityWest Palm Beach has specific need for water transportation between surrounding areas and points in the city. Waterway transportation is offered to and from downtown Clematis Street District, Peanut Island, Sailfish Marina Resort, waterfront attractions and special events.
The West Palm Beach cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near West Palm Beach, Florida.
If you lose the West Palm Beach location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
The cruise company operating MS Grand Celebration from Palm Beach to Bahamas is under new ownership. It includes Kevin Sheehan, former president and...December 31, 2016
- show more news