West Palm Beach is a port city in Florida USA, as well as South Florida's 3rd largest metro county - following Miami-Dade and Broward. The city covers a total area of approx 151 km2 (58 ml2) and has population around 110,000 (metro around 5,83 million).
- West Palm Beach is the oldest municipality in Miami metropolitan area. It was incorporated as a city in November 1894 - 2 years before Miami. Despite the fact that West Palm Beach is situated approx 109 km (68 ml) north of Downtown Miami, it's still considered the principal city within Miami metropolitan area, because of the solid urbanization between the two cities. The estimated population of Miami Metropolitan area, including all of Palm Beach County, was 6,012,330 inhabitants at 2015 census.
- The Atlantic Treasure Coast of Florida is home to West Palm Beach. A bit further east of West Palm is Palm Beach island, home to Florida's famous mansions and renowned upscale shopping boulevard of Worth Avenue. Henry Flagler, railroad tycoon, established this region as a vacation haven for the most famous and rich. Among the many part-time residents, President Donald Trump owns the renowned Mar-a-Lago mansion, created by the Post family years ago.
- Other attractions in the area include Lion Country Safari, where visitors dive through cageless zoo containing more than 1,000 animals including elephants, lions, gorillas, gazelle, giraffes, birds. More nature awaits at Loxachatchee National Wildlife Refuge, best for a leisurely hike on nature trails or renting a canoe for fishing. Easily accessible from Palm Beach are Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- The Port of Palm Beach is situated on the northern edge of city limits. It is Florida's 4th busiest container port and continental United States' 18th busiest port. In addition to its intermodal capacity, the Port is an important modal point for shipment of variety of goods, as well as being home to a number of small passenger cruise lines.
- As a waterfront cityWest Palm Beach has specific need for water transportation between surrounding areas and points in the city. Waterway transportation is offered to and from downtown Clematis Street District, Peanut Island, Sailfish Marina Resort, waterfront attractions and special events.
In May 2018, Costa neoClassica joins the fleet of the Florida-based company "Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line" run by NCL Norwegian Cruise Line's formet President Kevin Sheehan. The company currently has one vessel - MS Grand Celebration.
- In the end of August 2017, Port Palm Beach District Commission signed a 10-year agreement for the Costa cruise ship, that will service the Flrorida-Bahamas route West Palm Beach-Freeport (Grand Bahama Island). The ship wlll have a regularly scheduled itinerary program of 3-day / 2-night Bahamas cruises to Freeport and back to Palm Beach FL.
- These voyages are very popular among both American and Bahamian citizens as they provide a cheap travel shopping alternative. The Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line estimated that these cruise tourists spend around USD 4.5 million per year.
- From both ships, Port Palm Beach projects between USD 54-63 million in net income over a period of 10 years (2018-2028), depending on the handled passengers number. The liners' combined passenger capacity is nearly 1.3 million per year.
The West Palm Beach cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near West Palm Beach, Florida.
If you lose the West Palm Beach location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.