Yokohama is a cruise port located on Tokyo Bay - Japan's eastern Pacific Coast. Yokohama City is Kanagawa Prefecture‘s capital. The port of Tokyo is 15 nautical miles (17 ml / 28 km) southwest from Yokohama port. The close distance is the reason why Yokohama is often use as a cruise port to Tokyo. The port's cruising season is February through October.
On January 31, 2017, Yokohama was selected as one of all 6 Japanese ports to receive private funding for structural upgrades of their cruise terminal facilities.
- The project aimed to attract more cruise ships and to increase the number of visiting international passengers. The other ports in that list are Shimizu, Sasebo, Yatsushiro-Kumamoto, Motobu and Miyakojima.
- At the above listed ports, cruise companies will build passenger terminals and other port facilities using their own funds. Other companies and lines / operators will be also allowed to use these facilities. However, the cruise ship companies that will build the new port facilities will be given priority to use the wharfs.
- The companies involved in the port building project are NYK Cruises (subsidiary of the Japanese cargo shipping corporation Nippon Yusen Kaisha / NYK Line) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd).
- In 2016, the number of cruise ship visitors to Japan reached 1,9 million. In comparison, 2013 season's statistics showed only 174,000 passengers.
Highlights: Tokyo, Museums, Sankei-en Garden
Yokohama cruise terminal
Yokohama/Tokyo cruise port terminal is at the Osanbashi Pier. It is the oldest pier of the port. Osanbashi Pier was built in the period 1889 – 1896. It was renovated between 1988 and 2002. It has four berths.
Yokohama/Tokyo cruise port terminal is a functional and efficient facility. It was designed by Farshid Moussavi and Alejandro Zaera Polo. It welcomes the passengers with unmatched Japanese hospitality. Yokohama cruise port terminal has a basement level and two stories above the ground.
The parking facilities are at the first floor, the second floor is for passengers. It offers cafe, shops, waiting lobby, information center and ticketing both. Yokohama/Tokyo cruise port terminal also has quarantine facilities, customs and immigration.
The basement level is a machine room, the roof is for observation of the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse district, the Minato Yokohama landscape and the Yamashita Park.
Yokohama/Tokyo cruise port terminal is located between Yamashita Park and Minato Mirai. They are connected with Osanbashi Pier with waterfront promenade. The Nihon-Odori Station is 6 minutes away, the Kannai Station is 15 minutes away and the Akaikutsu Loop Bus stop is right in front of Yokohama/Tokyo cruise port terminal.
Yokohama tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Stay at Osanbashi Pier: the sunrise and the sunset there are amazing. You will see Minato Mirai, Bay Bridge and Yamashita Park. The sun will rise dehind Bay Bridge and it will set down behind Minato Mirai. Mt. Fiji is seen on a clear day.
- Sankeien Garden: traditional garden for Japan with shrines, ponds and pagoda.
- Yamashita Park: close to Osanbashi Pier is Yokohama’s premier park. Its length is 750 m. There you can see Hikawa Maru or join some of the events. Across is the Yokohama Marine Tower.
- Chinatown, Motomachi: go shopping in Motomachi and try one of the best food in Yokohama in Chinatown.
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum: the museum is noodle and mimics Tokyo in1958.
- Yamate Bluff and Harbor View Park: neighborhood with many historic Western homes, gardens and parks. There are a foreigner’s cemetery, Harbour View Park and Motomachi Park.
- Noge, Kogane-cho, Isezaki-cho: don’t miss to visit those area to discover the life in Yokohama.
- Kirin Yokohama Beer Village: tour the Kirin, Yokomaha beer factory, and try a free beer.
- Minato Mirai 21 Area: spend leisure day in this new area. Visit museums, amusement park, office towers, shops and parks. Great place for all the family.
- Yokohama Bay Stars: visit a baseball game at the Yokohama Stadium.
The Yokohama cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan.
If you lose the Yokohama location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Yokohama cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 July, 2017
5 July, 2017
10 July, 2017
13 July, 2017
17 July, 2017
21 July, 2017
24 July, 2017
26 July, 2017
31 July, 2017