AmaDouro Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaDouro
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Grave BV (Holland)|
|Class||Douro river cruiser|
|Ferry route / homeports||Oporto (Portugal)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||79 m / 259 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Passengers||51 - 102|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of AmaDouro
MS AmaDouro boat cruises on Douro River in Portugal, departing from Oporto Portugal. Cruisetour itineraries are out of Porto (embarkation), but bookings offer departures either from Lisbon (Portugal) or Madrid (Spain). The itinerary route is through Douro River Valley – Portugal’s wine region known as Alto Douro.
Just like most of the top-luxury riverboats in Portugal, the AMA Vida ship is a partnership between AmaWaterways (US company) and the Portuguese cruise line and tour operator DouroAzul (shipowner and boat's co-operator). MS AmaVida is a modified design Concerto-class APT river ship made specifically for cruising on Douro River. Boat's unique design resulted in elegance, spacious accommodations, spacious public areas and some really unique for a river cruiser features. The AmaVida ship is also operated by APT Touring (Australian cruisetour company).
The ship has a swimming pool (outdoor, located forward on Sun Deck), wellness complex consisting of Spa (Sauna Room, Treatment Room for massages), (Fitness (Gym Room), complimentary in-cabin Internet access, shipwide Wi-Fi coverage. 24-hour coffee station (specialty teas-coffees complemented with snacks and fresh juices). Gourmet dining on the ship features International and traditional Portuguese cuisine specialties, premium service, open-deck al fresco dining option. Free-flowing local wines are provided at lunch and dinner.
AmaDouro river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaDouro cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaDouro cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
Most AmaDouro cabins are sized 20 m2 (215 ft2) and have private balconies (floor-ceiling sliding glass doors opening to a step-out balcony). Suites are larger (30 m2 / 325 ft2). The number of all cabin categories is 6. Max capacity is 2 guests per cabin.
Each of the AmaDouro staterooms has a private bathroom (glass-door shower, multi shower head, hairdryer, premium bath amenities), mirrored vanity table with chair, wardrobe, wireless phone, electronic safe (in the closet), two long-range portable Wi-Fi audio devices (used on tours/excursions), complimentary bottled water (supplied daily), thermostat-controlled air conditioning. Suites have additionally a sitting area with full-size sofa, table with 2 chairs, mini-bar, large bathroom with full-size bathtub.
Each of the cabins is equipped with a 42-inch flat HDTV (local/satellite reception and movies-on-demand) with an Infotainment system (in-room complimentary Internet, real-time bridge cam views).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
AmaDouro cruises exclusively on Douro River departing from Porto. Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaDouro river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "ENTICING DOURO” is an itinerary segment that offers 12-days (sailing 7 days) Douro river cruises from Porto (round-trip cruising, but leaving from Lisbon /hotel stay and guided touring). There are 7 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 3-night Lisbon luxury hotel package included in the fares.
- Total number of cabins: 51 (of which 2 Suite, 36 Balconies, 15 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Douro (dining room), "Al Fresco" (outdoor, 32 seats), casual dining (Bar Lounge, Sun Deck).
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge & Bar (connected to a Teak Front Deck terrace), Douro Lobby, Gift Shop, Gym/Fitness room, Spa /Massage room, top-deck (swimming pool, sun loungers, shaded seating area, helipad).
- AmaDouro cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, all tours/excursions, land transfers, live evening entertainment (by local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea.
- AmaDouro boat is the second of two AMAwaterways ships (together with AmaVida) operating luxury river cruises in Portugal. The vessel is operated by AMAwaterways "AmaVoyages" division via partnership with "Douro Azul" (Portuguese river cruisetour company founded 1993).
- AmaDouro ship is a new (modified) riverboat design adapted for the specifics of River Douro - one of Iberian Peninsula's biggest rivers. This waterway starts near Duruelo de la Sierra (Spain) and ends at Oporto (Portugal). Famous for its port-wines production, the whole Douro Valley region is designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Douro river scenery is accented by multitude of vineyard estates extending steeply terraced hillsides in the Upper Douro valley.
- Along with its modern elegance look, MS AmaDouro features numerous full-size balcony accommodations, the convenience of onboard mini-helicopter tours, Sun Deck (with swimming pool and outdoor bar-lounge). One of the ship's many "green technology" features are the solar panels (installed on the awning's roof) and combined diesel-electric propulsion.
- An unique experience on AMAwaterways river cruistours in Portugal are the complimentary bike tours. Guests can use the onboard bicycles on all excursions and tours organized in each of the itinerary ports.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x2, deck3) - size 323ft2/30m2
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x18, deck3), B (x14, deck2), C (x4, deck2) - size 215ft2/20m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8, deck1), E (x8, deck1) - size 161ft2/15m2.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaDouro ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The new ‘Europe, Asia and Africa’ brochure of AmaWaterways is already out including 3 new ships, 2 new itineraries and expanded wellness...June 18, 2018
- show more news