AmaKatarina Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaKatarina
|Builder||Slovenske Lodenice (Czechoslovakia)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||136 m / 446 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||6680 gt|
|Passengers||105 - 212|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||MS Mikhail Kalinin, MS Mstislav Rostropovich|
Review of AmaKatarina
The AmaKatarina ship cruises on Volga River in Russia, departing from Moscow to St Petersburg, and reverse from St Petersburg to Moscow.
AmaKatarina cruise ship is a 210-passenger river boat, completely rebuilt in 2011. She brings a new level of on board delight to the Volga Waterway. AmaKatarina offers ten suite and stateroom categories, most with balconies. All staterooms have a bathroom with separate shower, hairdryer, refrigerator and safe. The public areas include a Conference Hall for lectures, expansive Panorama Lounge, Fitness Room, Infirmary (by a physician), and an elevator that reaches all decks. AmaKatarina guests can savor a mix of international cuisine and Russian specialties in two dining venues. Breakfast is provided buffet style, offering various local delicacies. Passengers will enjoy the delicious cuisine in the main restaurant, with large panoramic windows. Soft drinks, wine and beer flow freely at dinner. AmaKatarina offers free Internet and WiFi throughout, complimentary bike tours and 24-hour specialty tea and coffee. ms AmaKatarina ship.
AmaKatarina river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaKatarina cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaKatarina cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
ms AmaKatarina cruises in Russia on Volga River and the Baltic Waterways between Moscow and St Petersburg. Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaKatarina river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "RUSSIAN WATERWAYS" itinerary offers 13-days top luxury Baltic and Volga river cruises from Moscow to Saint Petersburg, and the reverse from Saint Petersburg to Moscow. There are 14 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 10
- Total number of cabins: 105 (of which 15 Suite, 60 Balcony, 30 Oceanview rooms).
- Restaurants: Opera (dining room), Symphony (casual, with bar).
- Lounges & Bars / feature facilities: Panorama Lounge (observation, with bar), Conference Hall (shows, lectures, presentations), Boutique Shop, Sauna, Infirmary, Grand Lobby, Sun Deck seating area.
- AmaKatarina cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, land tours/excursions and coach transfers, live evening entertainment (by local Russian performers), daily enrichment lectures, local food and vodka tastings, coffee/tea, soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer).
- The ms Mstislav Rostropovich ship / AmaKatarina is the only one AMAwaterways ship operating luxury Volga River cruises in Russia. As part of the line's non-European fleet, this luxury river ship is operated by the "AmaVoyages" division. This is the AMA line's subsidiary company for foreign ship operations.
- ms AmaKatarina cruise ship belongs to the so called "Kuybyshev-class" luxury river cruise ships. There are nine such vessels, built in the period between 1975 and 1983. All of them were manufactured in Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic) for the Russian/USSR's "Volga Shipping Company" (renamed "Vodohod" since 2012). As marine passenger vessel class, these are the biggest river cruise ships in the world currently in operation.
- Here you can compare the Volga river itineraries of the Viking Cruises Russia ships Akun, Helgi, Ingvar and Truvor, Uniworld River Victoria and Scenic Tsar - all sailing on the same route between Moscow and
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Imperial Suite - IS (x1, deck4) - size 432ft2/40m2
- Hermitage Suite - HS (x2, deck4) - size 270ft2/25m2
- Mariinsky Suite - MS (x8, deck2), size 320ft2/30m2
- Bolshoi Suite - BS (x4, deck2), size 280ft2/26m2
- Deluxe Balcony Staterooms
- A (x16, deck4, size 230ft2/21m2) B (x20, deck3), C (x25, deck2) - sizes 238ft2/22m2)
- Superior Staterooms - D (x15, decks1&2) - size 205ft2/19m2
- Standard Staterooms - E (x11, deck1, size 135ft2/13m2) and F (x4, deck1, size 110ft2/10m2.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.