AmaLotus Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaLotus
|Length (LOA)||92 m / 302 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||950 gt|
|Passengers||62 - 124|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of AmaLotus
The AmaLotus boat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia, departing from Siem Reap and Hanoi.
The 124-passenger AmaLotus cruise ship features one of the most spacious suites in industry, up to 624 sq. ft., with 90 % of the staterooms boasting outside verandas. Ship's décor combines regional Khmer accents and Colonial elegance. All staterooms include individual air-conditioning, comfortable sitting areas, mini-bar, safe, robes and slippers, as well as a luxurious bathtub.
Public areas include Lotus main restaurant which serves Western and Asian specialties, gift shop, Saigon Lounge, fitness center, spa, a swimming pool and a bar on the Sun Deck. Meals are made by local chefs and include Western, Cambodian and Vietnamese cuisine. Breakfast is buffet style and for lunch, selections feature salads, hot entrées, soups and desserts. Dinner pampers with a selection of entrées and multi-course meal. Free-flowing beer and wine are a plus with every dinner and lunch on board. Complimentary soft drinks and house brand spirits are also included. AmaLotus staff is fully English-speaking.
AmaLotus river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaLotus cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaLotus cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
ms AmaLotus cruises offer deals on Vietnam and Cambodia luxury river cruises on Mekong River (one-way, operated year-round). Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaLotus river cruise itineraries as themes:
- The "VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and RICHES OF MEKONG" itinerary offers 15-days (sailing 7 days) Mekong Delta cruises from Hanoi to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with embarkation in Siem Reap, and the reverse from Saigon to Hanoi. There are a total of 22 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Hanoi and 2-night Saigon luxury hotel packages, and 1-night Halong Bay boat cruise included in the fares.
- The 7-day Mekong river cruise itinerary covers the route from Siem Reap to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City, and the reverse from Saigon to Siem Reap. There are 14 complimentary land tours/excursions, but no Vietnam or Cambodia hotel packages included in the fares.
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 62 (of which 56 Twin Balcony Suites /with 2 Owner's, and 6 with non-opening Porthole Windows).
- Restaurants: Mekong (dining room).
- Lounges & Bars: Saigon Lounge & Bar (show, entertainment, enrichment program, Library), Panoramic Lounge (bow), Lotus Lobby (Gift Shop, embarkation area), Gym/Fitness, 3 Spa /Massage rooms, top-deck (swimming pool, bar, large shaded seating area).
- AmaLotus cruise deals are inclusive of house brand alcohol (wine, beer, spirits) and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, land tours (excursions, transfers), live evening entertainment (by local performers /Vietnamese folklore music, dances, theme dinners), daily enrichment lectures, 24-hour coffee/tea.
- The APT AmaLotus boat is one of the two AMAwaterways ships operating luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam-Cambodia. The other one is the new AmaDara ship (2015). Both vessels are operated by the AMA line's "AmaVoyages" division via a partnership with the local "Indochina Sails" river touring company (a "Huong Hai Junks" subsidiary). Also operating in the Southeast Asia region is the boat AmaPura (Irrawaddy river cruises in Burma/Myanmar).
- RV AmaLotus is a modern APT river cruise ship design concept adapted for the specifics of Mekong Delta in Southeast Asia (southwestern Vietnam). By waterway length comparison, Mekong River is the world's 12th and the Asia's 7th. Mekong is a major trade route connecting the Yunnan province in China to Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Along with its traditionally modern look, the AmaLotus cruise ship features mostly full-size balcony accommodations (90% of all cabins), Colonial style interior decoration in both public spaces and cabins, professionally trained Vietnamese and Cambodian staff and crew.
- Cambodia and Vietnam river cruises on Mekong operated by other lines are offered on Viking Mekong, Avalon Siem Reap, Uniworld's River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, CroisiEurope's Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Luxury/SU (x2, deck3, size 624ft2/58m2) and Junior/JR (x10, deck3, size290ft2/27m2)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x22, deck2), B (x22, deck1) - size 226ft2/21m2
- RiverView Staterooms - C (x6, deck-lower) - size 226/21.
- 90% of all rooms are outside balconies.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.