AmaPura Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaPura
|Owner||Pandaw River Expeditions|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||57 m / 187 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||900 gt|
|Passengers||28 - 56|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of AmaPura
The AmaPura ship cruises on Irrawaddy River in Myanmar (Burma), departing from Rangoon.
The riverboat has capacity of 56 passengers. It is custom-designed and all-suite, with a choice of staterooms which measure 285, 290 and 420 sq.ft. All of the suites feature a Full Balcony, French Balcony, or Twin Balconies. The passengers are 45+, mainly American. The crew ratio at full capacity is 1 to 2.1 guests.
Ama Cruises Pura ship offers a variety of dining options for guests' culinary enjoyment. Breakfast and lunch are buffet-style, dinner is Fusion cuisine, along with excellent service. Onboard entertainment includes occasional local culture and conversations.
AmaPura river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaPura cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaPura cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
AmaPura ship offers deals on luxury Myanmar cruises on Irrawaddy River (operated the whole year-round). Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaPura river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "GOLDEN TREASURES OF MYANMAR" are 14-days (sailing 10 days) Irrawaddy river cruises from Mandalay to Pyay, and the reverse from Pyay to Mandalay. There are a total of 16 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus all land transfers, airfare (flight between Mandalay and Yangon) and a 2-night Yangon luxury hotel package included in the fares.
- "HIDDEN WONDERS OF MYANMAR" are 16-days (sailing 14 days) Burma river cruises from Yangon (round-trip). The actual Irrawaddy river cruise segment is from Mandalay to Yangon. Included are pre-cruise flight (Yangon-Mandalay), or the reverse from Yangon to Mandalay (post-cruise flight Mandalay-Yangon). There are a total of 19 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus a 1-night Yangon luxury hotel package included in the fares.
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 28 (of which 18 Balcony Suites, 10 French Balcony rooms).
- Restaurants: Restaurant (dining room).
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge & Bar (shows, lectures, presentations), Gift Shop, Spa (massage rooms), Sun Deck (small swimming pool, shaded seating).
- AmaPura cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, all tours/excursions, land transfers, live evening entertainment (by local performers /Burmese folklore music- dances, puppet show, theme dinners, dance nights), daily enrichment lectures.
- The APT AmaPura boat is the only one AMAwaterways ship operating luxury Irrawaddy River cruises in Burma. The line's other boats in the Southeast Asia region are AmaLotus and AmaDara (Mekong river cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia). These luxury river ships are operated by the AMA line's "AmaVoyages" division.
- ms AmaPura cruise ship is a newly built river boat specifically designed for cruising on Irrawaddy river (aka "The Road to Mandalay"). Flowing north to south through Myanmar/Burma, Irrawaddy is the country's biggest and the most commercially important waterway, connected through the Irrawaddy Delta with the Andaman Sea.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with similar itineraries on Irrawaddy cruises in Burma are offered by Avalon Waterways (Myanmar), Scenic (Aura) and Viking (Mandalay, Orient).
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SA-Full Balcony (x2, deck3, size 290ft2/27m2), SB-Twin Balcony (x2, deck3, size 420ft2/39m2), SC-Full Balcony (deck3, size 285ft2/26m2)
- French Balcony Staterooms - SF (x2), SE (x4) and SD (x4) - all located on deck2, size 285ft2/26m2.
- RiverView cabins - none.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
AmaPura Itineraries 2017
The below listed AmaPura cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|22 Feb||Departing from Yangon, Rangoon, Myanmar|
|23 Feb||Yangon, Rangoon, Myanmar|
|24 Feb||Irrawaddy River (Maubin)|
|25 Feb||Danubyu, Myanmar|
|26 Feb||Irrawaddy River (Zalon)|
|27 Feb||Irrawaddy River (Myanaung)|
|28 Feb||Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|01 Mar||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|01 Mar||Minhla, Myanmar|
|02 Mar||Magway, Myanmar|
|03 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar|
|04 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar|
|04 Mar||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|05 Mar||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|05 Mar||Inwa, Myanmar|
|06 Mar||Mandalay, Myanmar|
|07 Mar||Arriving in Mandalay, Myanmar|
|08 Mar||Departing from Mandalay, Myanmar|
|09 Mar||Mandalay, Myanmar|
|09 Mar||Mingun, Myanmar|
|10 Mar||Inwa, Myanmar|
|10 Mar||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|11 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar (Mt Popa)|
|11 Mar||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|12 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar|
|13 Mar||Sale, Myanmar|
|14 Mar||Magway, Myanmar|
|15 Mar||Magway, Myanmar|
|15 Mar||Minhla, Myanmar|
|16 Mar||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|17 Mar - 18 Mar||Pyay, Prome, Myanmar (Overnight)|
|18 Mar||Arriving in Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|18 Mar||Departing from Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|19 Mar||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|20 Mar||Minhla, Myanmar (Afternoon)|
|20 Mar||Magway, Myanmar|
|21 Mar||Sale, Myanmar|
|22 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar|
|23 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar (Mt Popa)|
|24 Mar||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|25 Mar||Inwa, Myanmar|
|26 Mar||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|26 Mar||Mingun, Myanmar|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Mandalay, Myanmar|
|28 Mar||Arriving in Mandalay, Myanmar|
|28 Mar||Departing from Mandalay, Myanmar|
|29 Mar||Mandalay, Myanmar|
|29 Mar||Mingun, Myanmar|
|30 Mar||Inwa, Myanmar|
|30 Mar||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|31 Mar||Bagan, Myanmar (Mt Popa)|
|31 Mar||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|01 Apr||Bagan, Myanmar|
|02 Apr||Sale, Myanmar|
|03 Apr||Magway, Myanmar|
|04 Apr||Magway, Myanmar|
|04 Apr||Minhla, Myanmar|
|05 Apr||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|06 Apr - 07 Apr||Pyay, Prome, Myanmar (Overnight)|
|07 Apr||Arriving in Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|07 Apr||Departing from Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|08 Apr||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|09 Apr||Minhla, Myanmar (Afternoon)|
|09 Apr||Magway, Myanmar|
|10 Apr||Sale, Myanmar|
|11 Apr||Bagan, Myanmar|
|12 Apr||Bagan, Myanmar (Mt Popa)|
|13 Apr||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|14 Apr||Inwa, Myanmar|
|15 Apr||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|15 Apr||Mingun, Myanmar|
|16 Apr||Mandalay, Myanmar|
|17 Apr||Arriving in Mandalay, Myanmar|
|17 Apr||Departing from Mandalay, Myanmar|
|18 Apr - 19 Apr||Mandalay, Myanmar (Overnight)|
|19 Apr||Inwa, Myanmar|
|19 Apr||Kyaukmyaung, Myanmar|
|20 Apr||Yandabo, Myanmar|
|20 Apr||Bagan, Myanmar|
|21 Apr - 22 Apr||Bagan, Myanmar|
|23 Apr||Magway, Myanmar|
|24 Apr||Minhla, Myanmar|
|24 Apr||Thayetmyo, Myanmar|
|25 Apr||Pyay, Prome, Myanmar|
|26 Apr||Irrawaddy River (Myanaung)|
|27 Apr||Irrawaddy River (Zalon)|
|28 Apr||Danubyu, Myanmar|
|29 Apr||Irrawaddy River (Maubin)|
|30 Apr - 01 May||Yangon, Rangoon, Myanmar (Overnight)|
|01 May||Arriving in Yangon, Rangoon, Myanmar|